Blenderbox is hiring an experienced UI Designer with exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate business needs into well-executed customer-focused experiences.
Our ideal candidate possesses a rich toolbox of Human-centered Design practices required for delivering successful UI for web-based applications and products, and understands design systems and how they integrate with technology and content modeling.
The successful candidate will thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise.
This is a USA-based, full-time remote position and requires a truly detail-oriented and organized approach.
You will be working with talented people who are forward-thinking and compassionate on projects for government, nonprofit, arts and culture, and education clients.
We operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance.
- Participate in all UI design stages from discovery to development hand-off
- Lead the visual direction for our projects/products
- Create responsive human-centered experiences and designs informed by business and brand requirements, content, and UX recommendations
- Design for simplicity and user friendliness - help us turn complex business logic into effective and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces
- Work alongside UX on content organization and information architecture for a website, app or digital product
- Prepare sitemaps, wireframes, moodboards, prototypes, and designs to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop design systems in Figma which are componentized, consistent, scalable, and accessible.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members and facilitate feedback / technical feasibility sessions of proposed design approaches
- Present and contribute UI design expertise in client meetings and communications
- Proactively and clearly communicate design risks and tradeoffs to the team and client stakeholders
- Write tickets and documentation to support the implementation of the design
- Contribute to the continual improvement and evolution of our design processes
- 3+ years experience in a UI Designer role or equivalent delivering digital experiences and products
- Significant and demonstrable experience in UI/Visual design
- Be passionate about composition, color theory, typography, grid systems, responsive design, transitional interfaces, accessibility standards, industry best practices, and all the other special details that make websites and applications look and feel great.
- Familiarity with the principles of human-centric design and modern web accessibility standards
- Proficiency with tools of the trade (ie; Miro, Figma)
- Expertise in the development and creation of design systems, reusable component libraries
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop approaches and solutions and scale deliverables accordingly
- Ability to accept and manage feedback and work within iterative processes
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work
- Ability to balance a variety of concurrent projects
- Attention to detail
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the US
Nice to Have
- Educational background in related disciplines
- Experience with brand design and related collateral
- Experience designing for popular web content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress
- Familiarity with Front End Technologies
- Familiarity working in project management tools like Jira/Confluence
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Full coverage for Health Care, Dental, Vision
- FSA, HSA coverage options
- 401K & Pension Plan with employer contributions of at least 5%
- 20 days of PTO, 11 Holidays, 5 Wellness Days
- Home office improvement budget
- Career growth and professional development coaching / support
- Company-provided laptop/computer
- 100% virtual work environment - all team members are remote
Blenderbox is a values-based virtual agency with subject matter experts distributed around the United States with headquarters in New York City. We have over 20 years of experience building websites and applications for mission-driven organizations, primarily for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations.
Our culture is one of inclusion, transparency and pride. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively on a diversity of projects that are reflective of our shared core values.