Head of UX Design
Apply for this job
The role of a Head of UX design is to drive end-to-end user experience design, including research, ideation, conception, detailed design, prototypes and validation across multiple products and areas. Working across multiple cross functional product teams, the Head of UX will seek to create and influence the creation of the ultimate user experience to create business impact while ensuring a consistent design language.
- Shape the future of payments, financial inclusion and innovation.
- Collaborate with different teams to design experiences that cut across different audiences, technologies and platforms.
- Understand our digital products and their capabilities.
- Craft, present and iterate on design solutions.
- Measure the success of your solutions with the team and iterate on them.
- Conduct user testing and research.
- Contribute to our design system, practices, process and culture.
- Support the team through never-ending curiosity and excitement.
- At least 6+ years of designing products on web and mobile platforms. Financial institution experience will be an added advantage.
- 6 years+ experience managing and leading a UX team, playing a senior role either as a Visual Designer, Interaction/UI Designer or UX Researcher.
- 6 years+ of leading and inspiring design teams.
- Must provide a strong work portfolio that demonstrates a deep understanding and application of UI best practices.
- Experience setting up user research programs and testing methodologies that drive design decisions.
- Proven and successful working experience in information architecture, consumer experience design, interaction design, or a similar role.
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator.
- Understanding of basic front-end languages: HTML5, CSS3 Java script.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Interpersonal and people skills that facilitate smooth interactions between himself and all the parties as well as enable the smooth performance of tasks in cross-functional settings.
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills