Senior UX Researcher
Solsten is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
The Solsten suite of products are the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our UX Research team is at the heart of turning the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance into a memorable and delightful experience for our customers and users. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will work within a world-class team of designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists to expand the Solsten platform and products. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will conduct internal research on the Solsten suite, as well as support external UX research efforts for our clients in the gaming industry.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct internal as well as external UX research for gaming clients and analyze data using various methodologies as well as provide recommendations based on findings
- Present UX research to internal as well as external gaming teams
- Create actionable insights and game design recommendations based on psychological data and research findings
- Work closely with product teams, both internal and external, to continuously improve Solsten products and the overall experiences of clients
- Understand a broad range of UX research methods and know how to apply them in a fast-paced environment to meet the needs of the product teams
- Ability to distill large amounts of information and prioritize it given multiple concurring tasks
- Master's or equivalent experience in Human-Computer Interaction, Game Studies, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors or other relevant field
- 5+ years of applied experience conducting UX research using a wide variety of research methods and tools
- 2+ years of applied experience conducting UX research in a game development environment
- Strong command of UX research in games as well as player psychology
- Vast experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Qualitative: knowledgeable and comfortable with e.g. ethnographic methods, interviews, contextual inquiry, usability research
- Quantitative: experience with surveys, understanding of and experience with basic descriptive and inferential statistics
- Demonstrated experience translating research findings into actionable insights and recommendations
- A passion for creating human-centered experiences, a strong work ethic, excellent teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent writing and communication skills, detail orientation, and comfort in a face-paced startup where ambiguity can be the norm
- Ideally, experience with qualitative analysis software
- Ideally, experience working with SaaS products
- Ideally, a strong opinion on the best note-taking tool and why it is pen and paper
WHAT WE OFFER
You will join an international and dedicated team in a growing company, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are working from Berlin in Germany, Los Angeles and Minneapolis in the US, and even Taipei in Taiwan! We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Some of the immediate benefits of working at 12traits are:
- Top of market compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- State of the art equipment and work station
- Learning budget & access to curated means of personal development
- Support with relocation & visa application
- Flexible work-from-home policy
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Solsten is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.