Director of UX Design
Hello, we’re THRIVE
We’re a group of creative professionals raising the bar on Informed Design. We design human-centered brands, products, services, and experiences for leading companies around the world.
But this isn’t about us, it’s about YOU!
THRIVE is growing and looking for world-class talent. We are currently seeking a Director of UX Design.
Why should you work with us?
1) Your skills will be nurtured
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but at THRIVE, it’s a part of the job description. We welcome your talent and your skills and want to give you the support and framework to nurture your abilities. We also want you to be able to do everything you’ve wanted to do, whether that’s something focused in design, branding, strategy, or something entirely separate.
2) Your skills will be used in a variety of ways
Our clients come to us because they have a problem and they want THRIVE’s help solving it. The exciting and challenging part is that no problem is just alike, which means our team members — and hopefully you, if you decide to bring your talents to THRIVE — work on a variety of projects for a variety of clients. This keeps the work fresh and stimulates innovation.
3) You’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate people like you
We’re growing fast, which also means that there’s lots of growth opportunities at THRIVE. But the other factor that helps our team members grow is the amount of sheer talent everyone is surrounded by on a day-to-day basis. In addition to top-tier talent, the other thing our team possesses is a serious passion for their work, which ultimately stems from a passion for designing a world that helps people thrive everywhere. If this is something you’re interested in doing, THRIVE might be the perfect place for you.
- Spearhead Business Development for UX – helping to pitch, write proposals, and close deals.
- Build and mentor the UX team.
- Lead and direct multiple UX projects.
- Develop user interfaces for digital products and experiences, as well as IoT applications.
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts, and translate business requirements into compelling user stories and design inputs.
- Think conceptually to strategically frame the larger concept based on user needs, technical specifications, and innovation opportunities.
- Define and prioritize opportunity areas and translate them into compelling, evidence-based concepts.
- Make sense of large volumes of data and content and develop Information Architectures that improve product usability.
- Drive the ideation process and present broad directions for products based on consumer insights and user requirements.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, ecosystem maps and personas based on inputs from user research.
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps for complex systems that can be used for seamless development hand-off.
- Develop design language systems comprised of color, typography, imagery, visual form, motion and sound.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across different stages of the design process using resources such as Sketch, InVision, and Framer/Principle.
- Contribute to the planning and scoping of major client projects and assist with new business development activities.
- Have prior director level experience at an agency (strong human centered design process).
- Have deep experience designing complex digital products (mobile apps, software applications, physical product UI, connected experiences) (not looking for marketing focused / website designers)
- Strong people development skills – needs to be technically skilled but willing to mentor and elevate the UX team.
- Have 9+ years’ experience designing digital experiences in a fast paced, cross-functional design and development team.
- Experience with healthcare/medical devices a plus.
- Possess a relevant degree or professional qualification(s) in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
- Be highly proficient with Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be proficient working with Agile/Lean methodologies.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is onsite in Atlanta, GA at THRIVE’s studio. Covid-19 Vaccination required.
Interested candidates should submit resume and portfolio. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Portfolio samples must contain examples of your sketching and problem solving.
No calls please. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
THRIVE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At THRIVE, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it! We believe difference and inclusion are critical to creating an innovative environment capable of delivering groundbreaking products, services, and experiences. All aspects of employment at THRIVE, including hiring, promoting, and disciplinary issues, are based on competence and the needs of the business. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.