We are looking for a highly skilled UI/UX designer to join our talented and motivated UI team working on the Total War franchise at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria. This is a unique opportunity to work on our next historical tent pole feature.
Working directly with the UI Lead, the right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical, and visual skills. You will be an accomplished designer capable of prototyping and designing intuitive and and beautiful interfaces that immerse the players and improve their overall experience. This is an excellent opportunity to hone and expand your design skills to a high level, working on one of the industry’s most interface rich games.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (attached or as a link) and applications without such will not be considered.
Mid and Senior Designers are all welcome to apply.
As UI/UX Designer you will work closely with the game designers to iteratively create UI for new features and implement them with the help of the development team. You will be responsible for creating accessible and intuitive experiences according to the best industry standards, while also pushing the boundaries of UI in games.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different departments (design, art, programming) to provide UI solutions and build features from scratch – from initial research to interactive prototypes and in-game implementation to high-fidelity mockups
- Use data from user tests, surveys and quantitative data gathering to iterate and improve your designs
- Create high-quality assets that respect the visual style guide
- Design layouts that respect the overall design system and established UX patterns
- Provide and maintain technical documentation of the features you work on
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Proven experience as a UI/UX designer on UI-heavy software products
- Excellent UI/UX design skills including – wireframing, interaction design, prototyping, informational hierarchy
- Visual design skills including – composition, typography, iconography, colour theory
- Toolset: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects
- Technical knowledge and a desire to learn in-house implementation tools
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to take ownership & responsibility
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- A team player, able to take advice and feedback from their colleagues in a respectable manner
- Obsessive gamer, interested in why things work, not just what and how
- Experience with game production pipelines and tools / 1 shipped title
- Experience in motion design
- Wide understanding of the full range of games in the strategy genre
- Deep understanding of Total War games
- Experience in conducting user tests
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.