Apply for this job
The Principal UI/UX Designer will work closely with the Director of UX + UI, UX Researchers, and an existing team of high performing Designers to create the user experience for the core journeys and products of the Amyris Clean Beauty brands.
You will partner closely with product owners, usability testing leads, and engineers to enhance the overall quality, value, and experience of our products and core journeys. You will be a key stakeholder in setting the vision and driving concepts to create innovative interactive experiences for the full spectrum of devices and use cases.
You will also be responsible leading the user experience including: gathering and understanding business and user requirements, creating information architecture diagrams and user flows, building detailed wireframes, high and low fidelity prototypes and the creation of new concepts.
Please note this is a US-based position and may require up to 30% travel.
- Collaborate with broad set of stakeholders to translate vision into executable projects.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research and testing to propose best design solutions.
- Create customer journeys and user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Work closely with agile product development and QA teams to deliver on roadmap projects across brands.
- Conduct user research to create most creative, hassle-free user experiences that promote new customer acquisition and build brand loyalty with existing customers.
- Lead design sessions with brand and product team stakeholders to capture and address pain points in the most effective way possible.
- You will work with broad set of stakeholders including company executives so should be able to synthesize feedback, have empathy towards brand concerns and effectively address them while being a strong adviser of design best practices.
- Contribute to our design system to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Provide thought leadership in design strategies to lead e-commerce website design, conversion optimization and strengthen brand value.
- Lead A/B testing and experimentation to increase customer engagement of different personas and increase new customer acquisition.
- Perform testing on final website to ensure design quality and site optimization.
- Understanding of best practices as it applies to WCAG 2.1 & ADA Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 12+ years of experience in UI/UX role with experience in ecommerce highly preferred.
- Expert level experience with various design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Aadobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with motion graphics and video editing is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Experience working with project tasking tools (e.g., Jira, monday.com).
- Experience working with remote teams, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and e-commerce platforms (ideally Shopify) is a plus.