UI / UX Artist
Are you an artist with a broad range of skills, with a passion for creating amazing game experiences? Are you looking for a new opportunity in a friendly, respectful and exciting studio? Auroch Digital is looking for artists to help deliver a broad range of games, from retro-inspired action games to stylized, top-down strategy & management games.
Auroch are part of the Sumo Group of companies, originally established in 2010 and with an extensive catalogue, including Mars Horizon and Dark Future: Blood Red States. We have an exciting stable of licensed and independent IP games in development including our upcoming beer brewing hobby game Brewmaster. Our diverse, friendly, and enthusiastic team are based in the centre of Bristol, but we are open to remote working for the right candidate. We have a company ethos that strongly values work-life balance and supporting our people to grow. We want our people to have a positive influence on other team members and a passion to support others.
Role @ Auroch Digitial:
Auroch Digital is looking to hire a UI & UX Artist who will help push the art of our game projects to the next level.
The ideal candidate will have experience of game production cycles, specifically in creating detailed, usable concepts for game assets.
- Create mood-boards, wireframes, sketches and storyboards.
- Create UX wireframes.
- Creating working prototypes in a prototyping software of your choice (e.g Figma) to demonstrate a User Experience flow before UI design.
- Create polished UI mock-ups in Photoshop from the UX groundwork.
- Export these assets ready for implementation into games.
- Working closely with the project’s team to create a design that is accessible and excellent to use and interact with.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Excellent 2D skills.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Highlight proficient in white boxing and prototyping tools, for instance: Figma.
- Interest in accessibility and inclusivity in design.
- Excellent understanding of UX principles to better understand users and interaction with the interface.
- A desire to learn UI implementation in engine (either Unreal or Unity).
· We don’t agree with using crunch (here's our take on it)
· We won’t get in the way of you working on your own indie dev projects in your time
· Remote, office based or a hybrid are all totally fine options
· 29 days holiday total (including your Birthday off!)
· Competitive salary
· Flexible working
· Pensions contribution
· Visa support for non-UK residents (subject to meeting the requirements)
· Ongoing support for training and career development
Your application should include a short covering letter explaining a little about your previous experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the role, and a current CV with relevant work history. Though not required, if you have a portfolio or examples of previous work please also include them with your application.