About the role
Powerpoint was invented in 1987 and PDFs in 1993, yet we still use these tools 30 years later to sell. In spite of taking considerable time for marketing and sales teams to put together, many go unopened by buyers.
trumpet is challenging this traditional approach and setting out to lead the digital transformation of the whole B2B sales cycle.
Stop wasting hours creating sales decks. Design personalised, trackable sales pods in just a few clicks: Think microsites for salespeople and Shopify + Canva + Slack all combined to help you close more deals, faster.
At trumpet, we fundamentally believe that the best products are built when small, cross-functional, autonomous teams are empowered to solve business problems as they see fit.
We never assume what our customers want or need but instead, collaborate with them, to steer the ship, and together achieve greater value from our product. We’re obsessed with delivering continuous and progressive value for them to accomplish their goals and tackle their challenges, head-on.
You will be one of the very first hires on our fast-growing team having recently closed a £1.6m funding round from institutional investors and some leading operators in the B2B SaaS space.
You will work closely with the CEO and product team to bring the trumpet brand to life and create a beautiful experience for every one of our customers from the moment they sign up.
We want everyone at trumpet to be proud of the work they’re doing, enjoy the journey and have a lot of fun along the way!
trumpet is all about turning salespeople into designers with a beautiful no-code experience that not only empowers them to sell better, but provides their customers with a seamless and inspiring experience. Collaboration is becoming the norm thanks to tools like Google Workspace, Notion and Figma yet this doesn’t exist in sales.
We are inspired by tools like Maze, Miro, Slack, Loom, Figma, Notion and are setting out to build trumpet to be equally as powerful and beautiful.
We are looking for a Product Designer that can help us get rid of boring PDFs and Powerpoint presentations and help salespeople stand out from the crowd.
Everybody’s different, but a lot of the following probably applies to you:
- Demonstrated mastery of Product and UI/ UX principles, best practices and common design tools (we use Figma) and any interaction tools for prototyping a plus.
- Can show us a portfolio that reflects strengths in both UX and visual design skills
- 2+ years experience of product design experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with UX design and translating complex user flows into simple, beautiful UIs for both web pages and product
- Assist with marketing using our existing visual language (and evolving it) to create a variety of materials incl. web design, case studies, content visuals, print, social campaigns, presentations and more.
- Keep ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design
- You’re a problem solver and are familiar with established design principles and interaction patterns that can deliver compelling design rationale
- (Desirable) You have experience with B2B products, and experience in the sales or marketing space
- (Desirable) Understanding of sales processes
- (Desirable) Experience creating sales decks or presentations
- (Desirable) Experience interviewing customers about product experiences
- A can-do, self-starter attitude, and ability to get up to speed quickly when required
- You have excellent communication skills, and are motivated and energised by feedback and the opportunity to improve in your role and as a team.
What the job involves
- Unique opportunity to own everything design related at trumpet in its earliest days
- Working closely with trumpet’s development team, you’ll identify and evaluate user requirements, propose creative solutions and iterate on these
- Translate UX Research data into concrete user interface design improvements and get these prioritised into sprint planning so customers can see an immediate impact
- Design intuitive experiences across the trumpet platform from initial concept to finished product
- Create user journey maps and wireframes
- Work closely with Marketing to design collateral and other brand-aligned graphics (presentations, banners, images and more) to support conversions
- Be a key contributor to trumpet’s website
- Support with design across trumpet’s platform, website and marketing efforts
- Partake in collaborative whiteboard and design sessions
- Help create trumpet’s evolving design system and design principles
- Be an advocate for data-driven design decisions across all products
- Become a key contributor to building trumpet’s stand out brand
- Help trumpet turn salespeople into designers and blow our trumpet nice and loud!
How We Work
We’re based in London, we are a culture first company and have a hybrid approach to working - whether you’re working from home or the office, we don’t mind.
trumpet’s core values are centred around an awareness of our individual strengths and weaknesses, thriving off feedback, respecting those around us and being obsessed with our customers. We want everyone at trumpet to be proud of the work they’re doing and enjoy the journey. Our values are not there for the sake of it. We truly believe in them and that by embodying them, we will fuel our growth both as individuals and as a company.
- We are restless and ambitious in the pursuit of growth
- We obsess over our users
- We always trust, respect and care for another
- We are brilliantly bold
- We are feedback focussed
- We inspire and take action using data
Our hiring process follows this pattern:
- An initial phone screen (30 minutes) focused primarily on your approach to work, career goals and your questions about trumpet
- Technical Interview (45 mins) to talk us through a particular project that you’ve worked on and why it was successful. Alternatively, you can complete a take home task which would take 2-3 hours to complete and your time will be paid for.
- Final Interview (30mins), focused on why you’re interested in trumpet and your questions about the vision
As one of the earliest team members at trumpet, we would prefer for you to be based in London where we have a hybrid approach to work as we want to build an awesome culture. At the same time, we understand that great talent isn't limited to the borders of London and we wouldn't want that to stop us from working with anyone who is excited by this opportunity and trumpet's mission. So don't hesitate to apply if you are outside of London and within a +/- 2-hour timezone.
- The opportunity to join a disruptive startup at its earliest stages
- Work closely with our three founders (Rory is ex HotJar and Andrew and Nick are serial entrepreneurs following their DesignMyNight exit worth over $30m)
- 25 days annual leave plus local bank holidays
- Meaningful share options - everyone should own a part of trumpet!
- Remote working and London office for social gatherings and meetings
- Dog-friendly office
- Regular company socials
- Windows or Macbook laptop
- Pension with Penfold
- £500 Home office budget
- £500 Professional development budget
- £500 Wellbeing budget