Senior UI/UX Designer
Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
We are building Mynd’s first Creative Studio! Would you relish an opportunity to help shape and reimagine the visual identity for a disruptor brand alongside a team of kind, super-talented, and fun loving individuals? If so, you just might be our person.
Mynd is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer to create and scale the building blocks of our v2 website. Between web experience, landing page designs, interaction, and components library, you’ll partner with product marketing managers, copywriters, graphic designers, product designers, and front-end engineers to build a world-class web experience for our hyper growth startup.
You should be a seasoned digital designer with strong business instincts, experience, and a pulse on the latest design trends. You should have a knack for storytelling and articulating design decisions to technical and business audiences.
Reporting to the Art Director and sitting within the marketing organization, you’ll have “clients” on the Growth, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, and Talent & Culture teams. This is a remarkable opportunity for an entrepreneurial designer to build a stellar portfolio within a hot residential real estate, investment, and tech company.
- Rethink our customer journey – design and solve for a first-in-class customer experience
- Understand and use market performance data, user research, and business goals to inform innovative digital experiences.
- Continue to push boundaries on what/how we can improve our digital experiences (e.g. sites, email, landing pages, etc.).
- Concept and pitch how to best message Mynd services and products to our customers.
- Help build a components library to speed up output while maintaining quality.
- Keep up with and incorporate the latest digital trends to evolve our online experience.
- Research and gather inspiration from within competitive and analogous industries.
- Clear communication of UX strategy and design decisions to internal stakeholders.
- Inject creativity, customer centricity, and an uplevel aesthetic into all of our digital experiences and journeys—real estate investing should be fun!
- 5+ years of design experience at a top agency or beloved consumer brand.
- Strong portfolio for both UI and UX.
- Experience in solving complicated user problems.
- Ability to problem-solve and follow art direction.
- Expert with working in Figma.
- Deep understanding of the best practices and up to date with ADA & WCAG compliance.
- A pulse on the latest digital and cultural trends, how to optimize creativity for each, and how to match each channel to the right mediums, formats, and messages.
- Ability to thrive in a highly-matrixed, fast-moving work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Some understanding of coding (able to effectively communicate with dev teams).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with designers/directors, marketing, and growth team but also tackle projects autonomously.
- Passion for real estate, architecture, home renovation, interior design, property management, and/or investment.
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.