Apply for this job
ShopBack : Better Shopping, Every Day.
The ShopBack Group is Asia-Pacific’s leading shopping and rewards platform, serving over 30 million shoppers across ten markets. Growing from a team of six back in 2014 to over eight hundred today, ShopBackers across the region come together with a singular mission: to make shopping rewarding, delightful, and accessible for all.
Joining forces with leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) player hoolah and with the launch of ShopBack Pay, the Group now offers shoppers a responsible and convenient payment option at checkout.
More than half a billion shopping trips start with ShopBack each year. The Group powers over US$3.5 billion in annual sales for over 10,000 online and in-store merchant partners, across categories ranging from fashion, beauty, F&B, electronics, travel and more. If you are passionate about building and scaling up businesses in this fast-growing landscape, come and join our growing ShopBack team!
About the Research Team
We belong to the Product Design Team, which is part of the bigger Product Team. We collaborate closely with designers and content strategists, product managers, data analysts, and even local commercial team and marketing team members.
Our team consists of 5 researchers at the moment, distributed across Singapore, Taiwan, and South Korea. Empathising with our customers and understanding their needs and pain points, lie at the heart of what we do. We are agnostic UX researchers who are openly looking for ways to experiment with new methods, and mix various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to present the most accurate insights and recommendations to drive product direction and strategy.
Here are some useful resources that might help you to learn more about what we do and our research process.
Research process: FAQ about ShopBack’s Research Process (Part ?) | FAQ about ShopBack’s Research Process (Part ?) | FAQ about ShopBack’s Research Process (Part 3/3)
Diary study: Diary study for ShopBack OMO affiliate product?—?SBMart (part 1/3) |Diary study for ShopBack OMO affiliate product?—?SBMart (part 2/3) | Diary study for ShopBack OMO affiliate product?—?SBMart (part 3/3)
Internship experience: Linguistics ? UXR | Experience of ShopBack User Research Internship
About the Role
As a UX Researcher, you will be an integral member of our research team. In particular, you will be responsible for leading and executing qualitative research efforts, planning and facilitating design workshops, while collaborating closely with the product managers and designers. You will also advocate for our user needs and pain points from different markets around APAC to all ShopBackers throughout the region, including markets you are not familiar with. You are comfortable conducting contextual and evaluative research with a strong understanding of research methodologies, product design principles and agile processes.
Our team provides a safe space for all researchers. We review each other’s work and focus on improvements rather than identifying mistakes. We experiment with various research methodologies as we consider our work a playground for us to explore the best way to learn about the users. In terms of skills and backgrounds, our team is diverse and we learn from each other’s perspectives.
Although we are distributed, we communicate via video calls every day and try to avoid chats as much as possible to minimise the interaction that is lost from working as a remote team. We do standups every morning and conduct retrospectives every 2 weeks. You can learn more about our retrospectives here .
Outside of our team, we aspire to become advisors, and trusted and collaborative partners to our ShopBackers. You will be working closely with various stakeholders from all 9 markets (and more as we are expanding) which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal in both English and Vietnamese.
What you will be doing
- Drive and execute research strategy that will be executed for ShopBack products that includes our website, mobile app, browser extension products and in-store experience in 9 markets.
- Deliver user archetypes, behaviour patterns, journey map and other user insights through qualitative insights and quantitative data.
- Work closely with product managers and designers (and other internal partners) to conduct discovery and evaluative research efforts for customer understanding and design validation. This includes planning, executing, analysing, and reporting the research initiative.
- Work closely with other researchers to develop scalable systems, processes, research repo, and tools that will enable all teams in the company to gather user and customer feedback and respond to them.
- Build and advocate in the company a strong culture of user-centered design internally in ShopBack and externally in the UX community.
What you can offer
- Solid work experience in UX research.
- Experience working with product managers or product designers and other stakeholders.
- Strong experience with qualitative research methods such as user interview, contextual inquiry, diary study.
- End-to-end experience in leading and executing qualitative research efforts. This includes identifying topics and planning research, recruiting and screening users, conducting the research, reporting and presenting findings, and working with the stakeholders on the recommendations from the research.
- Knowledge of and experience with quantitative research methods: data analytics, survey, or statistics. Experience in using data analytics or product experimentation will be a plus.
- Knowledge in interaction design and product design principles.
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese.
- Experience in triangulating qualitative research findings and quantitative data.
- Experience in facilitating design workshops.
- Candidates who are shifting or have shifted from other fields relevant to digital product development such as product design, product management, data or marketing.
- Candidates who are shifting or have shifted from academic research whose knowledge may be applicable to UX research.