** Active Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with polygraph required.**
For over 10 years Visionist has been solving the Intelligence Community's toughest software and analysis challenges. Our staff enjoy the benefits and career growth opportunities of an established organization with the amazing culture of a small company. We are an employee-owned small business, meaning our employees see the benefit of their contributions and have a stake in our overall success.
As a UX Designer at Visionist you will be joining the largest User Experience (UX) team at the agency. The UX team is responsible for working with intelligence analysts, developers, project managers, and other stakeholders to design the next generation of intelligence analysis tools. There are several cyber tools that need to be aligned, consolidated, and/or absorb features from similar systems. In this role you will build out mock-ups, document how the user will interact with the new system utilizing results from user surveys, interviews, and observations, and embed with the development teams to execute!
- Partner with developers, managers, and system engineers to keep intelligence products modern and cutting edge.
- Participate in the creation and execution of user surveys, interviews, and observations.
- Research and document user workflows, creates mockups/wireframes of analysis tools based on user and customer needs.
- Interact with multiple development teams and create artifacts using tools like Axure and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Figma and XD are a plus).
- Bachelor's degree in cognitive and/or experimental psychology, human factors engineering, or an engineering related field.
- 5 years of experience as UX designer working on projects of similar scope and complexity.
- Ability to design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Experience with UI prototyping, visual communication, and interactive design.
- Enterprise experience doing UX across multiple applications.
- Background in workflow and usability testing and the capability to generate suggested changes per user and customer requests.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional product development teams.
- Strong problem-solving abilities used to turn complex ideas into easily understood visuals.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Axure, XD, and/or Figma.
Nice to Haves:
- UX degrees w/ emphasis in Psychology preferred.
- Omni channel marketing/design experience is a plus.
- Some HTML/CSS design experience is a bonus.
Who We Are:
Are you ready to create, modernize, and deploy software that changes the world? In support of the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community, Visionist offers the most cutting-edge software engineering, design, and analysis services. Our interdisciplinary team of engineers develops a wide range of products, from high level software, to UX/UI design, low level reverse engineering, and everything in between. Our tools are used throughout our customer organizations and our expertise is sought out by industry leaders. Our focus in cyber (CNO), data science and analytics, and user experience design has made the tools we create unlike any in the world. If you'd like to join a group of individuals supporting mission critical tasking in a cleared environment, then Visionist is the place for you. Our collaborative work environment harbors creativity and innovation which makes us the front runners in our field. The mission is our focus, and our people are our passion.
- 15% retirement combined contribution( 5% matching + 10% additional) to 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) each year
- 4 weeks paid time off that is never “use or lose” AND 12 paid holidays
- Flexible hours with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off or receive straight time overtime
- $10k tuition reimbursement or $1,950 student loan help annually
- CareFirst BCBS Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Government shutdown protection means employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days the year for inclement weather or budget issues
- Career growth through continuing education, training, conferences, and lunch & learns
- Parental benefits including extra leave, take out meals, and more
- $600 annual lifestyle bonus to support your personal fitness, tech upgrades, or donate it to charity
- Competitive pay including annual raises and bonuses
- Fun employee and family gatherings like lunches, picnics, cooking contests, D&D club, and more
U.S. Citizenship required (green card holders and permanent residents not eligible). Applicants selected will be required to obtain/maintain a government security clearance.
Visionist Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Individual with Disabilities employer.