Senior Product Designer
With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
At BenevolentAI we are committed to improving Drug Discovery with Machine Learning. As a Senior Product Designer you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team building one of our main products that supports our users at key stages of their drug discovery work. You will shape the design direction of the product and own your process from ideation to delivery. You will help cultivate the user-centered culture at BenevolentAI, as well as benefit from and contribute to the growth of the UX team.
This is a hybrid role (part remote, part based in our office in London or Cambridge).
- Lead the UX and UI design for key company products
- Contribute to the entire product development process, from concept to delivery
- Champion and apply user-centred principles and practices
- Conduct research to validate ideas and test solutions with users
- Collaborate with cross-functional squads, the UX function, and internal users
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in digital product design
- UX case studies showing your design process, contributions, and approach to collaboration
- Skills in co-creating with domain experts, wireframing, prototyping, storytelling, research and UI design (we want to learn from you!)
- Good people skills, including communication, empathy, and finding a compromise
- Experience working with iterative software development teams in a cross-functional setting, using agile and lean methods
- Ability to work independently towards a collective goal and using common practices
- Good writing skills (microcopy, plain English)
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm to co-create a healthy workplace with a healthy UX culture
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the apply button and join us.
BenevolentAI unites AI with human expertise to discover new and more effective medicines. Our unique computational R&D platform spans every step of the drug discovery process, powering an in-house pipeline of over 25 drug programmes. We advance our mission to reinvent drug discovery by harnessing the power of a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, experiences, opinions and personalities. In our offices in London and New York and research facility in Cambridge (UK), we work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams, harnessing skills across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI, machine learning, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.