FASHIONPHILE is more than just fashion — we’re revolutionizing the ultra-luxury fashion experience in order to create a sustainable alternative that extends the life cycle of products and makes them more accessible to a diverse customer base. As we strive to become the world's most sought-after brand in luxury re-commerce, we know it's our team members who make it all happen! We value diversity in our people, perspectives, and products. For us, it's the only way to cultivate the creativity and innovation essential to achieving our mission and supporting our customers. We do this both in-person and through our digital omni-channel experiences. If you're someone who embraces change, is authentic, and wants to make an impact this is the place for you.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a seasoned UX Design Manager to pursue forward-thinking design and create elegant, simple, solutions for complex interactions. This positions plays a pivotal and strategic role in defining the FASHIONPHILE digital shopping/selling experience that is fresh, forward-facing, and drives quality engagements. Our goal is to give our customers a reason to talk about us - especially around the digital shopping/selling experience.
Our UX team is based out of our Los Angeles office. However, this role can be REMOTE from any state where we have a physical presence: AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, IN, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TX, UT.
- Voice of the Customer - Be a strong advocate and expert on the customer. Understand their pains, motivations/preference, beliefs, and behavior.
- Team Liaison - Be a trusted facilitator between all the stakeholders - designers, product management, marketing teams, executives.
- Experience Leader - Grow, mentor, and lead a team of sharp UX professionals that partner with the larger Digital team.
- From Start to Finish - Facilitate, design, and execute along the entire flow from discovery to design to deployment to measurement.
- Create a cadence for reporting to necessary stakeholders and the VP of Digital CX
- Build processes and protocols for all necessary aspects of UX operations
- Build Designs & Prototypes that are well communicated and adhere to product requirements
- Build architecture, frameworks, methodologies that are easily understandable and provide structure and value to the macro journey of our customers.
- Help evaluate/validate our hypotheses and designs before moving to full implementation
- Actively advocate for the customer in meetings and in documentation.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience defending and communicating rationale for design decisions across the team and company through a data-centric approach
- Proven experience partnering with internal stakeholders to provide on-going education of product development decisions, recommendations and aligning to stakeholder feedback
- Experience implementing and holding team accountable to Design Thinking process + methodologies/frameworks
- 4+ years leading a team of UX/ UI Designers through best practices & methodologies, and full lifecycle from qualitative, generative and evaluative research to implementation
- Hands on experience with understanding user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Ability to always see the ‘Big Picture’ connecting team initiatives to overall company initiates and customer experiences.
- A proactive and collaborative approach with the ability to contribute to a multi-discipline team (WHAT IS THE MULT-DISCIPLES?)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication with proven skills in mentoring UI/UX Teams
- Must be willing to work/be available on regular PDT business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Design, HCI, or relevant field – Nice to Have
- Experience with e-commerce, interest in fashion sustainability, or re-commerce – Nice to Have
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- FSA options for Medical, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time off, Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with generous match program
- Free Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
This position is not able to offer work visa sponsorship. All applicants must be immediately eligible to work in the US without work visa sponsorship now or in the future.
We are currently not considering candidates in the state of Colorado.
FASHIONPHILE Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at HR@fashionphile.com.