Apply for this job
STÆDIUM is the latest brainchild of Europe’s #1 fitness app. Yes, that would be us: Freeletics. 8 years ago, we shook up the dusty fitness industry with an idea that changed everything. 53 million users later, we’re still pushing to beat our own personal bests. Maybe it’s the endorphins, but we just can’t help it - it’s in our blood. During all this time we’ve spent coaching people to become the greatest versions of themselves, it’s not just our AI that got smarter. We learned a lot too. For example, that “love” is rarely the first word that comes to mind when people think of exercising. They know it’s good for their body, their emotional and mental health, and that it helps to age well, too. The benefits are always welcome. As for working out… well. They do it because there’s no other way. Period.
As a UX Designer for the Stædium Game Experience, you will have the ability to influence the entire game experience of our product, and both evolve existing game modes, as well as develop new ones. Good ideas aren’t enough, you will need to partner and champion those ideas to bring them to life.
You will create and shape unique, user-centric game experiences. Being part of a mission-based multidisciplinary team, working side-by-side with Game Designers, Visual/Motion Designers, Sound Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. You will be a key part of our product development process driving projects from ideation to delivery.
Join Freeletics and shape the future of our design team and the company.
- Personally drive informed design decisions to bring functional, engaging and fun game experience to our users
- Evolve existing, and develop new game modes in strong collaboration with the game designers and development team
- Transform complex and abstract concepts and challenges into well-articulated, tangible solution ideas with a strong problem solving mindset and craft excellence
- Partner up with UX Research to drive discovery
- Give and actively strive for feedback from the team to continually raise the bar for our experience
- Work with a team of Visual/Motion, Sound, and Game Designers, collaborating on design solutions while fostering creative problem framing and ideation
- Discover impactful product enhancement opportunities by assessing player needs, and champion and prioritize them with engineering leads and product management
- Successfully completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design (Interaction Design, User Experience design, Game design or any similar field) or proven equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience as Product Designer, UX Designer or related field for interactive game experiences
- Deep understanding of the product design process, with bias towards rapid experimentation
- Portfolio with work you personally designed and shipped, demonstrating experience in creating user-centered design solutions for interactive gamified experiences
- Relentless drive and ownership for identifying problems and coming up with innovative ways to meet our users’ needs through iteration and research
- Good understanding how people interact with digital products, their cognitive biases and industry established interaction patterns
- Fluency in English with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive salary and pension package with regular compensation reviews
- Work-Life-Balance: 4-day-work-week pilot project, Hybrid work setup and flexible working hours
- Holistic benefits program that includes Freeletics coach memberships for you and your family/friends, mental wellbeing support, bike leasing, public transport allowance, language courses and many more
- Self-determined career path tailored to your personal and professional development wishes
- Brand new office space with a rooftop terrace and a gorgeous view of the mountains, free healthy food and drinks in a fully equipped kitchen, latest technology meeting rooms, diverse training space, showers and laundry service (Covid permitting)
- Regular company and team events like hiking trips, holiday parties, offsites and many more (Covid permitting)
- Your choice of the latest MacBook or Dell Laptop in a life cycle model
- Taking a break: 27 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- Bi-annual hackathons for tech as well as non-tech teams
- Relocation support regarding costs (for visa, relocation agency, etc.)
See life at Freeletics for yourself here. Interested?
To all recruitment agencies and headhunters: Freeletics does not accept speculative or unsolicited CVs from agencies and headhunters. Any unsolicited CVs received will be treated as the property of Freeletics and Terms & Conditions from agencies or headhunters associated with the use of such CVs will be considered null and void. Vacancies are not open to any agencies, unless otherwise specified in the description.
Freeletics is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment where everyone can succeed. A kaleidoscope of cultures, languages and personalities, all are welcome here regardless of background, race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender expression or athletic ability. We celebrate diversity in its many forms and firmly believe that our strength lies in our differences. In nurturing many perspectives and voices, we are able to collectively power the next generation of digital fitness technology inspiring a healthier, happier, and stronger world.
Should you need adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, just let us know. We are also happy to use your pronouns of choice (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).