Frills and all – While others are creating product categories to be leaders in, Fixflo is in fact a market leading SaaS platform fixing repairs and maintenance management for property professionals. We are a fast-growing, exciting, solution driven, creative, dynamic, fun-loving company. Since launching in 2013, phenomenal growth has resulted in Fixflo becoming the leader in its field. Our company’s industry reputation is exemplary and we have over 40 integration partners in the Proptech space. As if that isn’t enough, all of our stunning Glassdoor reviews are real.What’s the dream?
Our business plan is simple: we want every repair in the world to be reported through a Fixflo system. We are currently used in over 1,000,000 homes across the UK with further expansion into new UK and international markets planned.Who are we?
Fixflo is a young, dynamic and agile company with bags of personality, where standing out is fitting in. From our Heads of Fun to our fruit (and biscuit) filled kitchen, just a few of the ingredients that go into making Fixflo what it is!Why do we want you?
We are a company that has got to where we are because of its people, the entrepreneurial, forward thinking and savvy individuals make our culture and product what it is, not too shabby, even if we do say so ourselves!The values that under pin everything we do at Fixflo;
WE ARE EMPATHETIC
WE ARE GREATER TOGETHER
WE ARE SOLUTION DRIVEN
WE ARE FUN LOVINGYou would make a great fit if:
You’re driven and self-motivated - you want to excel at what you do!
You thrive in a multitasking environment and can organise your time efficiently
You believe in understanding, building value and solving problems
You are a team player who works and engages with others to achieve results
You are a strategic thinker and like to offer new ideas/solutions to improve things
You are proactive, upbeat and have a ‘let’s get sh*t done’ attitudeWhat's it like working at Fixflo?
We're a fun team of friendly, supportive and interesting people who work hard because we love what we do, but we also enjoy a good laugh
Your ideas really do count and will make a visible contribution to our growing company
Commitment to personal development - we want to help you grow!
We are dog friendly - expect to see our Junior Canine Executives around the office, working hard or hardly working, you decide!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. No quirk is too quirky, we are authentic in everything we do, and progressive thinking is engrained in our actions, have a chat with our Head of People to understand our stance on being an equal opportunity employer!
Now you know everything about us, let’s talk
The UX/UI designer is going to take a pivotal part in creating and managing the experiences of our customers and users of the marketplace.
The UX/UI designer will bring the best practices of UX research and implement them together with the Product Managers.
Based on the strategic goals of Fixflo, UX research and inputs from the wider business, the UX designer will create and test the experiences our customers and users of the system will love.
The UX/UI designer will support the Product team in achieving the business outcomes by designing the experiences within Fixflo products.
The UX/UI designer will work collaboratively with colleagues and end-users in order to accurately design useful features, communicate and present the designs.
The UX/UI designer will work with an array of user groups including but not limited to: Agents, Tenants and Contractors
The UX/UI Designer is expected to
- Work with the Product Managers and the wider team to create experiences that achieve the outcomes defined by the Product team.
- Carry out the research necessary to make the right design decisions
- Illustrate design ideas using easy-to-understand visual tools in their arsenal
- Create UI mockups and prototypes that explain the functionality that achieves the outcomes of the user
- Work collaboratively with product and development teams to make sure implementing the designs is feasible
- Advocate for user research practices within the organisation
- Maintain current and aspirational User Journeys for the product
- Carry out the UX audit of the system and maintain and collaboratively prioritise the UX debt backlog
- Participate in user research carried out by the product team
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders (internal and external) to solicit feedback and suggestions to improve the experiences within the product
- Create the actual designs that reflect the experiences of the users within the product
The UX/UI Designer will be supported by the Head of Product, CTO, graphic design, marketing, testing, customer support and development resources.
- There is a shared understanding and prototypes of what great user experience looks like
- New experiences within the product are designed in a holistic way that solves the user’s problem they were set out to solve
- Necessary User Research practices are introduced
- Development teams and Product Managers are involved throughout the design process
- The designs are actually feasible to implement
- There is a prioritised UX debt backlog to refer to
RequirementsThe successful candidate must
- 2-5 years of proven working experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar
- Portfolio of design projects to refer back to
- Demonstrable experience doing user research in collaboration with Product Managers
- Ability to design experiences delivered via software holistically
- Pragmatic and agile approach to building out experiences
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience creating UX fundamentals (User Personas, User Journeys, Jobs to be done)
- Superpower to select the most appropriate research method pragmatically
- Working knowledge of wireframing, prototyping and design softwares
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to travel to visit customers on premises and connect with them digitally
- Have a working knowledge of agile software development principles
- Connected their work with the business outcomes
- Built out research practices across the team
- Advocated for User research as a basis for creating experiences
- Received feedback from customers about a product
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Critical competencies (soft skills):
- Efficiency (can produce significant output with minimal wasted effort)
- Honesty/integrity (does not cut corners ethically)
- Follow through on commitments (lives up to verbal and written agreements regardless of personal cost)
- Intelligence (learns quickly)
- Attention to detail (does not let important details slip)
- Persistence (demonstrated tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done)
- Proactivity (acts without being told what to do and brings ideas to the company)
- Organisation and planning (focuses on key priorities and plans/organises/schedules/budgets in an efficient and productive manner)
- Teamwork (works well with others to achieve a collective goal)
- Communication (speaks and writes clearly)
- Enthusiasm (exhibits passion and excitement over work - a can do attitude
- High standards (expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best)
- Openness to criticism and ideas (solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback)
Other than working for an exciting growing company in London, we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- The opportunity to have input into the accelerating growth of the company and to work directly with the executive team
- Progression & competency frameworks to help you grow within your role & the business
- Gym pass
- Health insurance & Employer assistance programme
- Flexible working // Hybrid working
- First Thursday of the months socials, Friday drinks and lots of socials (think Graffiti workshops, cooking classes, boat/karaoke parties, Halloween quizzes)
- A fun work environment with great people
How do I apply?
- Submit your CV and cover letter (p.s please tell us why this role was of interest to you!)
- Please include the words “Fixflo" at the beginning of your cover letter. If you do not then your application will not be considered and you will not receive a response.