Apply for this job
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you create exceptional new and improved online shopping experiences for our guest across the Arc’teryx eCommerce websites and mobile app. You lead UX design and strategy, across a variety of digital products, balancing functionality, usability, accessibility, and aesthetics, to reduce friction and optimize the online shopping experience. You collaborate with the Digital Experience team in conducting user research, user testing, and evaluating customer feedback. You translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes, to deliver a seamless user experience for our guests.
This role is open to be hired remote within Canada. Business operations occur in Pacific time zone.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Digital Experience team works cross-functionally to deliver new and improved digital experiences across Arc'teryx branded sites and apps, while maintaining and improving existing experiences. We always considering how our work relates to other data, channels, consumer trends and business objectives to direct our thinking and decision making.
If you were a Senior UX/UI Designer now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Developing seamless, functional, and intuitive UI mock-ups and prototypes for new features across arcteryx.com and the iOS/Android mobile app
- Championing innovative ideas and continuous improvement opportunities by identifying points of friction and providing solutions, to optimize the existing user experience
- Presenting user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes to a variety of internal teams and key stakeholders across the business
- Making strategic design and user experience decisions
- Providing guidance on UI/UX best practices and digital experience trends
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Creating reusable UI concepts that enable scalability and consistency
- Advising and guiding the implementation of user research and user testing methods, to better understand and empathize with the core users of our digital properties/products
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to test UI elements, layouts, and overall page design
- Participating in design thinking and prototyping exercises around improving digital experience
- Designing end-to-end solutions for key roadmap deliverables in support of our growing eCommerce business
Are you our next Senior UX/UI Designer?
- You have 6+ years as a UX Designer, Digital Product Designer, or similar UX-related role
- You have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in design, or the equivalent knowledge and experience in a UX design experience or eCommerce environment
- You have a current portfolio demonstrating UX principles, processes, and core skills across a breadth of capabilities including research, information architecture, prototyping, and visual communication
- You have a proven ability to work cross-functionally and synthesize feedback
- You are proficient in using Adobe XD, InVision, Sketch, or similar design and prototyping tools
- You have experience conducting user research and user testing methods
- You are able to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- You are a strong collaborator who is able to communicate effectively across multiple business areas and technical levels
- You are a proactive self-starter that can work effectively independently
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.