Lead UI/UX Designer
Posted 8 months ago
Apply for this job
OpenBB is a fast-growing company set to disrupt the financial market by becoming the #1 investment research platform for retail traders, investment banks and academia. The company was founded in August 2021, in succession of the viral and well-used OpenBB (formerly Gamestonk) Terminal open-source project. We believe that by working with our community, we can build an investment research terminal that’s there for everyone to use.
Even as a newly founded company, we’ve already sparked a significant interest in the area, raising a seed of $8.5 million. We’re a fast-paced business and looking for a team who can join us from the very start, helping us to shape our companies' foundations and culture. We’re fully remote and offer flexible working hours, trusting you to do your job well at a time that suits you and your team. We strive to create a great work-life balance in our company.
About the job:
We are looking for a talented Lead UI/UX Designer to join our rapidly growing team to help create intuitive, effective, and delightful user experiences for our customers. This person will have a rare opportunity to put their stamp on exciting new investment research software products in collaboration with product, engineering, marketing, and customer success teams.
- Lead the conception and creation of end-to-end designs for new products and features for both native (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android) and web apps
- Collaborate with product management and engineering peers as well as executive leadership to realize short and long term product vision
- Approach design challenges holistically, considering all parts of the customer experience including UI/UX, business, and legal requirements
- Deeply understand the needs of a diverse user base consisting of individual and professional investors, finance and economics students, corporate financial analysts and data scientists, and online investment communities
- Partner with product to conduct research to help inform the customer experience
- Drive design alignment and decisions via rapid prototyping and iterating in collaboration with product management and engineering, and executive leadership
- Mentor junior designers
- Operationalize UI/UX design & development process with an eye towards growth and scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Product or Industrial Design, or a related discipline
- 10+ years of software product UI/UX design and implementation experience, ideally from inception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of best practices in UI/UX development on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android operating systems, and the Web
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development teams in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong interaction and visual design and/or development skills
- Rapid prototyping and design iteration skills
- Ability to communicate design rationale and decisions with product, engineering, customer success, marketing, and executive leadership
- Proficiency with Figma
- Experience managing or mentoring other designers and developers
- Experience with or interest in investment research, utilizing financial research platforms such as: Bloomberg Terminal, Refinitiv, Capital IQ, Koyfin, Robinhood, Coinbase, Kraken, FTX, and Degiro
As an equal opportunity employer OpenBB does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.