Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 + up to 20% bonus
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an ambitious and purpose-driven UX/UI Designer to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Design the UX/UI Designer will be responsible for designing the best possible user experience within web and mobile. We’ve got foundations in place, but there is plenty of space for research, analyse and design the amazing fintech experience.
If you like asking questions, breaking the status quo, designing pixel perfect screens, prototyping your concepts, and building products that matter, we’d love to hear from you. Your voice, ideas and drive will always find a home at Tandem.
You will join the small, but mighty, and ever-growing remote team of designers. We come from various environments and bring mixed experience to the table. Everyone is valuable and everybody have something amazing to say.
We work remotely but collaborate digitally and meet as often as possible for a social banter in either London or Manchester. We like fun, good content, Figma setup discussions, and retro games.
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Research and analyse findings to understand user problems
- Design and prototype creative solutions
- Present and explain the design concepts to stakeholders, peers, and users
- Design mobile and web experience
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Experience within UK financial markets
- Appetite for a change
- Experience and knowledge of: Figma, ProtoPie, Maze, Lookback
- Thorough knowledge of UX rules and laws, understanding W3C standards and willingness to grow
- Productivity - you can work remotely on your own proactively and responsively to deliver tasks by the deadline
- Collaboration - you can work together with peers, talk, and listen to move project smoothly
- Creativity - you can think and create solutions for problems within requirements, on the brand but actively looking for the better way of doing things
- Experience - you can prove 3-4 years of experience within similar role, understanding the design principles, UX process, and to present your design skills/thinking methods
- Communication - you can clearly communicate your thinking process, explain your decisioning, tell the story behind your design and gather feedback from stakeholders
- Team player - you can work within a cross functional squad, collaborate within a design team, work under pressure supporting others in delivering business goal
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.