Senior UX Researcher
? One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don't need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
?What you'll do…
- Help product teams define their research objectives, create research plans, and implement ethical, inclusive research.
- Determine appropriate research methods, define and conduct qualitative and quantitative user experience research across multiple projects. Provide both tactical and strategic insights based on this research.
- Identify opportunities for discovery work or foundational research projects.
- Support the Head of UX Research in ensuring the best quality research is conducted following best practices and ways of working.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and stakeholders.
- Champion users and their needs within the team and across the business.
- Educate broader team on research best practices and evangelize research methods and results throughout the organization
- Participate actively as a member of the Product design team to help improve and mature our company’s product design overall.
- Focus on what you do best, while also having the opportunity to improve the skills you’re looking to develop or learn new ones
What we're looking for
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience.
- You have an excellent understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- You have end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- You have proven experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative research to drive product and/or organizational change.
- Comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
- You have excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas confidently.
- You are passionate about design, products, and people.
- You have experience conducting research remotely.
- You are a team player. You love to collaborate and help the organization with energy and enthusiasm.
- You seek opportunities to learn and grow your hard and soft skills through feedback and self-reflection.
Extra points if you have:
- Post-graduate degree or professional certification in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field
- Research experience with HR tech or other relevant SaaS industries
- UX Research experience in global market
- Fast-growing startup experience
- Some personal experience of the challenges of working internationally with the desire for remote work
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you're authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.
? The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.