Posted 7 months ago
Apply for this job
At evolv Consulting, we are seeking to hire an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team. If you're a passionate self-starter, evolv is a great place to get ahead.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead projects in user-centered design solutions.
- Lead design teams in the implementation of these solutions.
- Gather requirements for web and mobile applications through contextual inquiry, application workflows, and information architecture.
- Produce clickable prototypes, visual design, and branded pattern libraries.
- Facilitate user testing and synthesize the output to help drive iteration and evolution of the products.
- Review UI to ensure proper implementation, and work with technical teams to hone the experience and polish of the final output.
- Expertise across the full experience design (XD) lifecycle including UX strategy, user research, and design to define and create innovative solutions which address customer needs while meeting business goals.
- Guide project teams made up of experience designers, researchers, and strategists to deliver high-impact solutions while managing client expectations.
- Develop Experience Design (XD)-led offerings and approaches, collaborate closely with development teams to ensure proper implementation, and partner with other practices to develop multi-practice capabilities.
- Drive overall growth of Experience Design practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Be an advocate for design; someone who loves to share and educate others (internal teams & clients) on the value of taking a design-driven approach to problem solving.
- Advising clients of current UX/XD methodologies, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods.
- Plan, conduct, and guide client white-boarding sessions, design sprints, design workshops, and project meetings.
- Commitment to thought leadership by bringing unique perspective and advising clients on the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand client portfolio.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering services/products in cross-functional teams from start-to-finish (prior consulting and/or agency experience is ideal).
- A strong design background, including management over the entire design process and a passion for current design trends coupled with a deep understanding of user experience and digital product design.
- Passion for learning and growth mindset with the commitment to welcome change, ambiguity, and uncertainty. Ability to bring your own unique perspective to solving problems.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels.
- 3+ years of experience as a project design lead.
- 7+ years of experience in interactive design, information architecture and visual design.
- 5+ years of relevant client facing experience—consulting or agency.
- Confirmed track-record of hands-on user-interface design leadership.
- Expert-level proficiency with common design software (Sketch, Figma, etc).
- Quick starter and nimble/creative under project constraints.
- Real passion for seamless design and the creative process.
- Strong interest in and passion for learning new technologies and design skills
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, process, and innovation in related fields.
- Experience in a Scrum-based production process.