An exciting and rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS startup creating systemic change in the world. Provenance is enabling transparency on the social and environmental impact of consumer products, and we’re looking for a mission-aligned UI designer to join our Product team.
As the UI designer in the team, you will be
- Supporting the Lead Designer with User Interface design and implementation
- Maintaining and expanding the design system and component library to fit the needs of the product and help streamline implementation
- Creating pixel perfect UI design, ready for build
- Creating wireframes and quick mockups of user interfaces and user interactions
- Working closely with the Product team, contributing to feature discovery, ideation, user research, development and implementation processes
- Championing intuitive user interactions and great interface design solutions
- Involved in planning, preparing and conducting user research, usability testing and user interviews
- Generating clickthrough prototypes
- Working with developers on the implementation of UI design
- Implementing and advancing the Provenance brand visually in UI design but also other externally facing brand assets like presentations and demos
- Devise efficient workflow practices for designing, prototyping and handing over assets for product build
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You have an interest in future-facing technologies and believe in the potential for technology to help solve systemic challenges and enable positive change for people and planet. You have a strong track record of designing user interfaces using agile methodologies. You have a background in or talent for graphic design and are keen to get involved in creating other visual assets outside of UI design. You enjoy collaboration and providing ideas that contribute to the bigger picture.
What You Will Need
- Proven experience as a User Interface Designer in a B2C environment, agency or startup with a strong technology offer
- Outstanding design skills with a focus on UI design and managing design systems
- A great eye for user interface considerations, attention to detail, combined with a good understanding of functional usability
- Experience with responsive and mobile first user interface and user experience design
- Experience with Figma
- An interest in keeping up to date in consumer facing digital design trends and innovative UI/UX solutions
- Familiarity with graphic design and ability to generate visuals beyond a UI context (e.g. presentations, demos, branding assets, etc.)
- Experience in making complex information clear and understandable
- Creativity and Problem solving capabilities
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of and passion for social impact and sustainability
- Experience of working in small teams, executing and iterating quickly
- Familiarity with User Research processes
- Knowledge of other design tools besides Figma (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
Why work at Provenance?
A career at Provenance is an opportunity to help tackle some of our greatest global challenges every day.
Provenance powers sustainability claims you can trust. As the global leader in sustainability marketing technology, we help brands and retailers share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information at the point of sale. Provenance’s technology is already increasing conversion rates, brand value and market share for customers including Cult Beauty, Douglas, Urban Decay, The Ordinary, Glow Recipe and Summer Fridays. Our vision is a world where citizens can make informed buying decisions that positively impact both people and planet.
We’re a small, open and creative team with expertise in marketing, sustainability and technology and a shared goal to drive positive change for people and the planet. We pride ourselves on operating with integrity and making saving the world through system change fun! We really value and do our best to support our fantastic team.
- Employee share option program (so you can own a share of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times): We are a hybrid team, with an office in Kings Cross, London and team members based across the UK. We are well set up for collaborative remote and hybrid working as well as fun and productive quarterly in-office team days.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a full day off on your birthday
- Individual wellbeing allowance to support your mental and physical health
- 2 x days Slow Travel allowance - to encourage and reward our team for using alternative methods of transport for their holidays which are lower in emissions than flying!
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary care-givers
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. ?
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter. We look forward to hearing from you!