The UI/UX designer will be working with the development team to best execute the visual aspirations of GeekHive's clients seeking stylish and accessible modern web designs. The best candidate for this role will be somebody who has worked with several different contemporary design tools in past roles and is capable, through a proven track record, of working in tandem with a development team to best execute client wishes from project to project.
To bring the best ideas to life, GeekHive is looking for a candidate who is comfortable in the collaborative process, an individual who can make their voice heard while working through technical challenges to execute the visions of the client.
What you’ll do:
- Exhibit keen leadership skills to work with cross functional teams in order to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Expertly facilitate and translate client’s visions and concepts by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Maintain a big-picture view of the design to conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design and data visualization experiences
- Employ your professional expertise to design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces that are accessibility compliant
- Collaborate across teams to learn the needs and vision of key business leaders to understand their business problems and enable an optimized user experience
- Show motivation as an individual who can identify design problems and devise solutions while taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design
What we look for:
- A seasoned technical professional who is savvy in web design and up to date on current features and improvements
- Proven working knowledge and solid design background with current programs such as: Photoshop, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, etc.
- An individual well versed in giving feedback and translating abstract ideas into visual representations of their designs
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Competent multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Preferred experience in designing for different CMS platforms: (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Sitecore, etc.)
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for web with responsive focus
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years UI/UX experience for digital products or services
- Strong verbal, communication, and organizational skills