Apply for this job
If you enjoy talking to people and finding out about their world and gaining insights from getting into people's lives, thoughts, and motivations. Then don't look further as Shure has a terrific opportunity for you!As a Design Research Lead, you will play a critical role to support Design Research efforts at Shure as well as ongoing core user research, concept research, and alpha/beta research demands. This position will support UX / ID / software / digital / web-related research and support Shure's new Innovation & Strategy structure.
- Provides support for the product management, industrial design, user experience, product design and product development functions through the research of concepts, prototypes, products and end users.
- Provides research results and reports to support the formulation and monitoring of product management, marketing, and business strategies.
- Utilizes a wide array of analytical and research methods with associated technology platforms like Qualtrics or Survey Monkey.
- Provides thought leadership by publishing and presenting analytical and research findings along with recommendations and implications.
- Stays current on evolving methodologies and associated analytical and research technologies and recommends changes.
- Continually works to make the research process more efficient and effective while developing strong partnerships with internal stakeholders within Global Product Management, Product Development and Blue Ribbon Teams.
- Evaluates and manages external vendors as needed.
- Responsible for the overall quality of all design research deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social, behavioral, or cognitive sciences, such as Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Cultural Studies, or Design. Graduate coursework is desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of wide-ranging experience in design research methodologies and continues developing professional expertise.
- Demonstrated ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Demonstrated experience in determining the best use of resources to meet goals of assignments received in the form of objectives.
- Highly skilled with a variety of product, software and technical concepts, practices, methodologies, technologies and procedures.
- Ability to lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Ability to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to develop and administer schedules and establish performance requirements.
- Ability to provide guidance to more junior team members within the latitude of established company policies.
- Experience with advising more junior team members on how to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.