Join us at the start of a new era in health care where technology is transforming how and where care is delivered, creating a more connected, effective care experience for all. Our mission at Signify Health is to build trusted relationships to make people healthier. We do this by transforming the home into a health hub through a combination of data, technology & people. We are building a unified technology platform for value-based care that is improving care and reducing spending by treating patients in lower-cost settings and linking providers’ payments to patient outcomes. Signify Health is driving this industry transformation and solving some of the most challenging problems in healthcare – this is where you come in!
Signify Health Ireland is a green field, Galway-based R&D technology center looking for tech savvy individuals interested in embarking on a career that combines your passion for solving complex technology problems with purpose. Careers at Signify Health offer the opportunity to apply your technology and problem-solving skills toward a mission that benefits others and makes life-changing positive impacts on the members we serve every single day. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people who are ready to move the needle and build on our success.
Our strength lies in the diversity of our people - combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture and provide opportunities for growing, learning and leading, empowering our teams to come as they are and deliver their best work.
As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide a new state of the art flexible work environment in our Galway facility at Bonham Quay to support those objectives. Careers with Signify Health Ireland offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to divide their time between our Galway office and their home office.
About The Role
You will be the first User Experience Designer based out of our world class facility in Bonham Quay partnering with the engineering & product leadership onsite & globally. As the first Signify Health engineering hub outside of the US, the UX organisation is a critical part of the long-term growth of the team & this role represents an opportunity to help shape that future.
We're seeking a savvy designer who wants to work on important and complex challenges. You'll collaborate with a cross-functional project team to design dashboards, portals, apps, or websites and partner with product owners & developers to create great experiences for our users – health plan members, providers, payors & internal Signify Health member engagement employees.
You will partner with engineering & product teams to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
- Establish the overall vision and strategy for the end-user experience of our provider enablement platform
- Own the planning, prioritization, and execution of the design initiatives needed to support the targeted product experience(s)
- Deeply understand users and their needs and be able to identify gaps and opportunities in user understanding
- Develop an understanding of user and business problems and help identify new problems and opportunities to be solved
- Perform design for one or more projects to meet UX, technical, and business needs.
- Use wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes to communicate the current or future user experience.
- Participate in gathering research insights and concept testing to inform design decisions.
- Advocate for user-centered design including research, design, and accessibility.
- Support the creation of new (or evolution of existing) design systems, pattern libraries, and UI guidelines.
- Consult with the team throughout development and rollout to ensure designs are understood, implemented and communicated appropriately
- As a senior leader at Signify Health Ireland, work in partnership with the site lead and technology leadership to establish and model a culture of learning, growth & innovation
- Ability to serve as a ”hands on” leader and a willingness to lead by example, working with teams to deliver designs that meet user and business needs
- Experience across all aspects of user experience, including UX strategy, user research methods and practices, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and production delivery.
- Significant experience designing and shipping user interfaces for the web following user-centered design principles
- Knowledge of providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles
- Knowledge of group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting
- A proven track record of delivering user-centric solutions, including a portfolio of past UX/IA projects, which should include task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
- Ability to adapt user-centered and visual designs to stakeholder requirements and technical constraints
- Experience with various UX design and collaboration tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Axure, InVision, Miro, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- High level of customer focus
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or education experience in designing user interfaces for the web following user-centred design principles
- Knowledge and practical application of accessibility factors, per ADA, Section 508 requirements and WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Previous experience in leading teams or projects, scoping new work and stakeholder management
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g., UXPA, AIGA, IxDA, meet-ups, clubs, conferences)
About Signify Health
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. Access to the home and primary care coordination are critical pillars to containing cost—Signify Health is a leader across both.
We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs, creating a more connected, effective care experience for all. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 10,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 2.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.