Founder and Lightning
Who we are?
Founder and Lightning is a pioneering venture builder. We partner with commercially-minded, non-technical founders to start tech companies, launch new products and digitise industries. Our product managers, scrum masters, designers and developers work as the founder’s in-house team to pull together all the people they need to bring their ideas to life.
In the last 8 years, we have helped launch 30+ new companies and have created over £200m of equity value across our diverse portfolio. We help our Founders (how we refer to our clients) by balancing commercial, product and technology considerations as they move through the business lifecycle - from conception to scale-up. Additionally supporting them to find investment from our investor ecosystem.
The Founder and Lightning team is made up of a group of over 100 interesting and talented people. We combine and share our knowledge, experience, passion and creativity to achieve incredible things for our founders and ourselves and love meeting people who can bring something new to the party.
We are passionate about delivering innovative products in a seamless, agile and collaborative way with our Founders. As part of our growth, we are looking for self-starting problem solvers to learn and grow their Product Design career with our multi-disciplinary teams. Can you think critically, multi-task and embrace change? Are you passionate about designing exceptional experiences, developing innovative software products and working as part of a highly skilled Agile Development and Delivery Team? If so this could be the start of a promising career with us so please get in touch.
The fun stuff you'll be doing
- Designing products in partnership with the Founder - our Product Designers typically work with 2 Founders at a time.
- Play a hands-on role in the delivery of the product and design activities, e.g. user research and workshops.
- Practice user-centred and data-driven approaches in designing solutions that align with the product strategy and vision.
- Assist in achieving business goals with impactful design executions.
- Bleed Agile – working as part of the cross-functional team working in close collaboration with Product Managers, Development Teams, QAs and F+L Capital to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions and products.
- Driving continuous improvement across F+L by identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Experience in different stages of the design process.
- A combination of experience in designing web and mobile applications.
- Proficient in designing holistic flows over individual screens.
- Demonstrate works that adhere to good UI and UX principles, use existing interaction patterns and focus on familiarity over novelty; with the capability to create meaningful ones as needed and validate them with testing.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining basic design systems.
- Comfortable using Figma and other design and research tools such as Miro, Typeform, Maze, Webflow, and Trello.
- Experience in extensively exploring solutions with cross-functional team members.
- Excellent communication skills (internal, client, written and verbal)
- An outstanding portfolio that provides an in-depth look into your app and web design works and processes.
- Ability to work alongside other Product Managers and Designers in our London office - occasional visits to the office in London.
- You’ll actually be a part of something amazing (we build great Products)!
- We work on Product Ideas through validation, planning, building, launching and growing - so you’ll be able to hone your skills across the whole product lifecycle!
- Working directly with founders, product managers and engineers in small, autonomous and full-stack teams means you aren’t siloed and can work on the things that move the needle each week.
- Career Development (promotion) routes within the company, enabling you to grow with us and expand your skills and experience.
- We cover an enormous range of industries and types of products; this enables you to gain multi-industry experience in one place and in a much quicker timeframe.
- We value your voice! All our teams are empowered, and respectful challenge is welcome both within our teams and with our Founders.
- You can help teach and mentor other team members as you will be mentored, we believe in always learning and sharing knowledge!
- Monthly salary: 12 000 - 16 000 PLN for B2B contract
- 20 days of paid annual leave + paid public holidays
- Training budget
- Equity points in our LLP entities - everyone who joins gets added to our equity scheme, which provides an opportunity for members to benefit from the group's portfolio of client equity stakes
- 2 paid Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) volunteering leave days per year
- Sabbatical leave - 4 weeks' paid leave for every 3 years of complete continuous service
- Regular social events and team get-togethers
- Be part of and help shape our growth strategy
- Work with some truly amazing people and clients
- Operate in a really exciting space, do really great things, produce really great work and our impact changes the world.
- Have an amazing international company culture spanning three locations working with some of the greatest people you’ll ever meet.
Thanks so much for reading and we hopefully look forward to meeting you!