Join Team CARFAX as a Product Researcher
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused with an integrity-filled brand and care deeply about our products and customers. We’re more than just a company, our products help millions of people every day make better, more informed decisions. We also know that our teammates are our biggest asset, and we make space for a balanced life while tackling challenging projects and working with great people. One last thing: The four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
We're seeking a Product Researcher to join our Market Research team and play a key role in making sure we continue to build consumer-focused great products using proven quantitative and qualitative research expertise. This position plays a key role in helping meet our business needs and provide user insights across our products.
Note, this role is work from home until the opening of our Toronto, ON office at which time there will be an in-office expectation of 3 days per week, subject to change based on business needs.
What you’ll do:
- Design and conduct quantitative and qualitative research studies that deepen our understanding of used car shopper needs and experience.
- Collaborate extensively with designers, product managers, engineers, analysts and business stakeholders to define product strategy and roadmaps based on consumer needs and insights.
- Prioritize research needs across multiple product squads with a focus on delivering value to our users and impact to our business.
- Actively communicate research findings and insights to diverse audiences through presentations and other deliverables.
- Partner with other researchers to ensure sharing of best practices and user insights.
- Ensure smooth functioning of research operations including vendor and sample management, maintenance of ongoing trackers etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience leading consumer research for digital products with demonstrable impact in driving better digital user experiences.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods- survey design, usability testing, contextual inquiry etc.
- Demonstrable experience with all stages of research – planning, study design, execution, analysis, communication of insights, impact analysis and reporting.
- Experience working with UX/UI designers, product managers and engineers in a cross-functional team setting.
- Experience with tools such as Usertesting, Qualtrics and Apptentive etc.
- Strong data analysis skills using tools such as Excel, Tableau, SPSS etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences (preferred)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and generous time off policies
- Winter holiday break and 4-Day summer work weeks
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.