Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
Hey there! We are looking for a talented product designer to join our growing team.
Have you ever found yourself daydreaming about having more control over your work and making a real impact with your designs? Maybe you're tired of just pushing pixels based on someone else's instructions.
What if I told you there's a design job where your work actually matters and you can have a chance to lead and mentor a team of your own someday? Or maybe you are curious about what’s it like to work in an international, multi-cultural team. Or maybe the thought of working in AI (artificial intelligence) light you up.
If this sounds exciting to you, then you've found upon the perfect job posting.
Does this sound like you?
- At least 3 years work experience in digital product design, visual design and prototyping. Comfortable with modern design tools such as Figma and Miro.
- User empathy: You have empathy for users (lots of them), and are able to translate user and business requirements into successful user experiences.
- UX and systems thinking: You are able to define and connect how everything works together in the product experience — all the different user journeys, states, edge cases, screens.
- Visual design: You are comfortable working with a visual style and aesthetics that may not be your personal preference.
- Design ops: You are proficient in building, using and maintaining an organised design system, and are able to manage design ops independently.
- User research: You are comfortable talking to users and running various forms of user research independently to inform your designs.
- Working in a startup: You are comfortable with change, uncertainty, and have experience working in a startup or zero-to-one environment.
- Communication: You are able to clearly articulate your thought-process and decisions you’ve taken in your design solutions.
- Bonus: If you can write copy too! This will take your designs to the next level.
What you’ll get
(besides real ownership and an awesome set of colleagues)
- Geographical flexibility: Live anywhere in the world, as long as you're willing to work in Singapore (GMT +8) timezone.
- Competitive package: Pay with equity. Equity is competitive, insurance is comprehensive and extra benefits that will make you smile.
- Unique culture: Speak your mind, call out BS when you see it, care for others, and lead by example. Expect the same from everyone else too. Our values keep us true to these statements.
More about the role
- This is a remote role, with some travel involved to meet with the rest of the team several times a year. Regardless of location, we work in Singapore (GMT +8) timezone.
- You will be the first full-time designer on the team.
- You will report directly to our COO, and work collaboratively with other co-founders and members of the team to create the future of the Needle product.
We are building the world’s first AI growth advisor for e-commerce brands. We imagine a world where every business owner could have a personal business advisor on-demand, in their pocket that they can rely on to to grow and navigate their business; regardless of their education, background or funding path.
Needle is a spin-off from Electric8, the leading product and growth studio in Southeast Asia, which has worked with 50+ companies, helping the likes of Razer, Bobobobo, RedDoorz, and Tiket.com acquire and retain millions of customers.
Culture is super important to us — we are a close-knit team who are looking for a smart, talented, hardworking and driven person to join us to become part of the founding team.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Needle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national original, gender, disability, age or status.