Lead Product Designer
We're building software to automate global trade.
Today, nine out of ten people who work in container operations still manually track shipments across carrier and terminal websites and update spreadsheets. Rinse and repeat.
We eliminate this manual data entry and provide near real-time container tracking via our Dashboard and APIs — helping them automate their workflows, save time, and reduce cost of transportation.
Some of the world's largest importers, shippers, logistics service providers (such as freight forwarders and customs brokers), and logistics technology companies use Terminal49 to manage millions of containers that move around the globe.
We are just getting started!
Product Design at Terminal49Our small product team is consisting of generalists who are constantly taking on new challenges. As for product and design, we are seeking experienced individuals who can break down problems and solve them. Our customers appreciate the simplicity of our dashboard, and we want to build upon that. For us, it's not just about how it works, but also how it looks. We are creating a tool for supply chain operators in which speed, interactions, and small details matter. Our aim is to design it to be highly functional yet minimalistic and delightful. We require a broad range of design skills and the ability to create high-quality designs, interactions, and prototypes. We are currently seeking individuals with several years of experience working in cross-functional product teams and creating interactive products and applications to fill these initial designer roles.
What you'll do as a Design Lead
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole company
- Create and evolve our internal design system
- Create flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity visuals for our dashboard product
- Work closely with the founder, team leads, engineers, and customers to turn ideas into well-defined prototypes
- Work closely with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the company
- Collaborating with Customer Success, Engineering, and Marketing to identify problems and goals, determine product strategy
- Experience designing complex and data-heavy dashboard-like products for the web
- Excellent visual, UI, and interaction design skills
- Several years of experience leading and designing interactive applications
- It’s ok if you haven’t led a team in the past, but are excited to lead
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, or similar tool
- Experience in supply chain is a plus, but not required
What we value
- Passion for design and figuring out best-in-class solutions to UX, UI, and interaction challenges
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through visuals and prototyping (we use Whimiscal)
- First principle thinking and problem solving
Why Join Us?This is a golden moment at Terminal49. We’ve built out a basic service that small and large businesses now rely on to run their operations. We’ve achieved profitability. We’ve intentionally created a 100% remote culture centered on high trust and high performance.
There are a ton of challenges on the horizon, and we’re having fun rising to meet them. For many, this kind of environment is exactly why we work in startups.
While we have a long way to go, we’re building forward from a strong foundation. We invite you to join us in continuing to develop our roadmap and company culture.
- High Trust & High Performance Culture (Our Values)
- Remote work culture
- Holidays & Sick Leave + Flexible Vacation Time
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K plan Dependent care
- FSA (employee premium paid by us)
- Wellness Stipend
- Equity Opportunities