See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, fourteen years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list nine times. We are honored to be voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus
- Hybrid Work schedule
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Monthly IT stipend
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As the UX Manager (internally known as the Scholar of Seamlessness) you will lead a team of UX Designers in user research, interviews, surveys, and translation of your findings into user flows, customer journey maps, mockups, and wireframes for both our website and mobile apps (iOS and Android). You will work closely with our development team to craft the user experience for new features and functionality, as well as continuously reevaluate customer behavior to find ways of reducing friction throughout the purchase process.
A Typical Day / Key Responsibilities
- Own and drive the UX practice including definition, strategy, execution, and governance, putting our users at the center of the design strategy
- Infuse a customer-centric mindset across the organization. Be the champion and change leader to integrate UX function into cross-functional processes
- Actively engage with the customers and product leaders to prioritize roadmap capabilities that deliver delightful customer experiences and successful business outcomes, and maximizing user adoption, utilization, and retention
- Lead and mentor a team of UX researchers and designers, build a culture of inspiring design outcomes, and drive streamlined execution to deliver UX projects on time, on scope, and on budget
- Develop and maintain a compelling and frictionless user journey for all user groups that engage within the Parts Town ecommerce channels. Continually validate those experiences using qualitative and quantitative user feedback
- Partner with product management, marketing, engineering, customer insights, and customer success organizations to measure product usage using UX metrics and seek alignment on how product roadmap capabilities will move the needle on the key metrics
- Stay current on industry trends, design standards and technological advancements, and competitive analysis working with the product, marketing, business, innovation teams.
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 3+ years in a UX leadership role in defining and executing UX practice.
- You’ve delivered a proven track record of successful user experience research and/or design of an ecommerce application
- You are Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- You are able to operate at 30,000 feet view to engage on business strategy, as well as dive deep to a pixel level to coach the UX team and lead by example
- You are well versed with UX best practices, design principles, and execution models.
- You are highly data-driven in decision making practices and executive reporting
- You have experience designing for enterprise class software services and working in an Agile development environment
- You have experience incubating new product offerings in new segments in nimble iterations
- You possess phenomenal written and verbal communication skills; you inspire others and inject energy and enthusiasm into the organization
- You are a deep believer and subscriber to a growth mindset mentality, where decisiveness and failing fast and forward is embraced.
- Your B2B ecommerce experience is a plus
- You appreciate how exciting and rare it is to work at a company with such extraordinarily sustained growth – Success means more opportunities to develop and deliver truly innovative technology, and that motivates you
About Your Future Team
The Ecommerce team is a fast-growing group that embraces the rapid change that comes with incredible growth. We bring our whole selves to work each day - personality and all - in true Parts Town style.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English | Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish