Senior UX / UI Designer
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
A custom development company, MentorMate is a design and software powerhouse with mature and established practices in Enterprise Web & Mobile Development, Technical Architecture, Human-Centered Design, Cloud & DevOps, and Advanced-Data Management & Analytics. MentorMate Design team is looking to hire a Senior UX/UI Designer who will work in our team to design, implement and extend groundbreaking mobile, web, and custom software experiences for a wide range of clients.
In this role, you will participate in the creation of enterprise-class mobile and web applications using proven design processes, and best practices. This position requires an experienced, hands-on designer that will participate in the end-to-end software development process, from early design strategy, to discovery workshops and feature definition, to pixel-perfect execution of visual designs. In this role, you will participate in creating modern and intuitive software solutions that follow best-practice while also pushing the boundaries of what is possible as technology evolves.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, people-oriented environment. We value every team member and share our success through competitive pay, social security, advancement opportunities, and flexible working models where you can choose between working remotely or from our beautiful office in Asunción.
As part of our Design team you will
- Participate in the design discovery process, including the facilitation of immersion workshops, user research, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations and other parts of the design process that involve research, experimentation, and synthesis
- Create innovative, user-centered solutions for a wide range of platforms including responsive web, web applications, native applications, and more
- Make complicated ideas easy to understand
- Be an advocate for the users you design for
- Challenge ideas/problems and validate solutions using data and insights from end-users and stakeholders
- Follow the established practices and processes of the design team while also identifying and recommending areas for improvement
- Work on an international team of 25+ experienced designers located in Paraguay, the United States, and Bulgaria
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX/UI designer within a digital product development environment
- Expertise in design facilitation, with a solid understanding of research techniques and best practice
- Strong knowledge and experience of building Information architecture, User flow diagrams, Personas, Lo-Fi/Hi-Fi wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD)
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent analytical thinking and UX process
- Demonstrated awareness and a high level of interest in the latest trends in the field
- Proficiency within Figma, Whimsical, Mural and other relevant design tools
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Responsible and team-oriented person
A significant advantage would be
- Experience with the Design Thinking methodology
- Knowledge of guidelines and documentation for native iOS and Android applications
- Experience designing for Enterprise users
- An in-depth understanding of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and accessibility compliance
- Experience with usability testing and validation
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV in English.