Senior Design Researcher
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you'll make
As a Senior Design Researcher on the PC Express business, you will be joining a mixed-methods research team. Our mandate is to share triangulated insights that advocate for our customers’ experiences across Canada. In this role, you will lead end-to-end qualitative research studies across the PC Express Customer Journey. You’ll also identify when data from secondary research, our voice of customer program, analytics, or collaboration with other research teams can be sourced to tell the story. In collaboration with Design, Product and the Business, the insights and recommendations you deliver will inform product roadmaps and strategy. Are you passionate about helping Canadians live life uninterrupted, deeply driven to understand customers’ needs, and lead with a growth mindset? We’re excited for you to join us on our journey.
What you'll do
- Lead mixed method research projects from end-to-end: frame research questions, design and select methodologies, conduct fieldwork and synthesis
- Select methods from a broad range of research tools: interviews, ethnography, secondary research, diary studies, surveys, usability tests, remote research methods, co-creation
- Run the PC Express continuous discovery program: support the Research team, Product Managers and Designers in running regular customer interviews
- Consult on evaluative studies: support Designers in running design evaluation research and applying insights to the design thinking process
- Drive action from insights: build relationships with key stakeholders ranging from designers to product managers to marketers; presenting your research in a variety of compelling artifacts/mediums (including immersion sessions, presentations, workshops).
- Contribute to building our research practice: streamline, develop and document new processes, educational content and continually learn about new approaches in our industry?
- Support research prioritization: work alongside the PC Express Lead to identify upcoming initiatives
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of experience designing, conducting and integrating user research into product strategy and product design decisions. Ideally you bring experience in a mixed-methods practice, or as a minimum a deep understanding of qualitative and general understanding quantitative disciplines
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the strengths of different research methods in order to address a broad range of needs along with an understanding of design research theory and tools
- Experience working with a product-led, digital organisation – with evidence of how your research has integrated into product development processes and frameworks
- Experience prioritizing between multiple projects and making decisions about approaches with pragmatism, for example where you only have time for “just enough research”
- You are curious and collaborative, and identify who you should partner with and ensure you actively bring your partners on your journey
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods
- A university degree in an analytical discipline or a human-centered discipline (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction or Experience Design)
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.