Principal Product Designer
Principal Product Designer (E-commerce)
We’ve been on quite a journey in Tech, with incredibly exciting times yet to come. In the early days we built and launched the first version of Cazoo sooner than anyone thought possible and now we are focused on building a commercially successful and sustainable business.
Two things remain constant. Firstly, our mission to change the automotive retail industry and fix a broken experience for consumers, and secondly our desire to build a truly exceptional team of happy, engaged technology and product professionals.
Our focus this year is on unit economics, that is making as much money as we can on each car we sell. We have a solid, achievable business plan that we believe in, and we know what we need to do. This clear focus gives us strong alignment across our teams and helps us to make decisions quickly. We believe strongly in tasking teams on outcomes not outputs, and empowering them to decide how to solve problems and realise opportunities.
As a team we are diligent, collaborative, curious and empathetic. We have high standards, we enjoy working together, we love to try new things and we care about each other’s happiness. We are also humble and are turned off by big egos. These attributes have helped us to come through the tougher moments we have faced together.
We are fully on board with hybrid working, with teams spending some time at home and some time together in the office. Time spent in the office is not about productivity or lack of trust in our teams. Rather, it is about fostering collaboration, camaraderie and team cohesion.
The next chapter of the Tech at Cazoo story is about winning together. Succeeding as a business, solving exciting problems, growing together and having fun along the way.
The Principal Product Designer for e-commerce focuses on end to end experiences, using a user-centred approach providing guidance on the experience architecture and designing processes that enable our teams to do their best.
- Work with design leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and strategy across the organisation
- Lead and support cross-collaborative discovery workshops to increase adoption and breadth of the UX vision/mission/principles
- Own the design principles across ecommerce as guideposts that keep the UX team & stakeholders on the same path as we move through the design process.
- Play as a leader cross-functionally to advocate & effectively communicate UX design thinking, ways of working, product implementation and roadmaps
- Align cross-team (squad & domain) design activities, influencing product roadmaps to deliver results and learnings in alignment with commercial goals
- Manage and advocate for our design system, and the visual language of our brand, and ensure a cohesive experience across our domains
- Own the design process from discovery to launch
- Encourage and guide the team to effectively work towards a significant vision
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best business outcome, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
- Conceptualise effective user journeys and flows, wireframes and visual assets in line with the overall UX strategy.
- Help teams find and understand bottlenecks, and make recommendations for
- Review and validate UX decisions to ensure it aligns with our shared goals and aligns with the design system.
What you will bring to the role:
- Significant relevant experience with or without formal education. Whatever the route you’ve taken, you should have a firm understanding of your area of expertise as well as the wider design and product delivery practice
- Experience in design systems with a balanced understanding of UI & UX strategy
- An expert level of problem-solving and systems thinking
- A desire to lead, mentor, and inspire others. Supporting people and teams to do their best work and achieve their goals.
- Passionate and driven to learn and evolve your thinking across all areas of design & product.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.