Lead UI/UX Designer
Cloud Chamber is looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer to manage a team of UX/UI designers and help build the bridge that allows players to experience the world of BioShock. Our ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in UX/UI Design principles and the ability to build clear wireframes, user flows, and supporting documentation as well as a proven grasp of how to apply graphic design and animation to communicate UI functionality and game state to the player.
- Lead and mentor UX Designers and UI Artists, ensuring that everyone has clear and concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback.
- Arrange and conduct individual meetings with members of the UI/UX team to provide guidance, mentorship and support in their career growth.
- Work closely with Directors & other Design Leads to champion and implement the vision of the project.
- Direct, own and supervise the execution of all phases of the UX/UI design process including conceptual design/development, graphic and interface design, style guides, interaction models, prototypes, user/task flows and art production.
- Structure and drive the creation of navigation flows, prototypes, UI graphics, text/fonts, animations and interactive UI elements.
- Take ownership of accessibility plan and validation for the game UI and related game systems gameplay.
- Partner with Producers to arrange meetings, identify issues, build milestone roadmaps, and continuously improve departmental and interdepartmental communication.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve and ease the user experience from a UI perspective, and proactively solve for more sophisticated experiences.
- Document workflows and establish onboarding and team training for the team regarding related tools and processes.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience leading a team of UX Designers and UI Artists on at least one AAA project.
- Shipped multiple titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine.
- Experience in developing AAA FPS is a plus.
- Experience with 2D prototyping and mockup tools (Adobe CC applications, or at least one UX prototyping application).
- Experience with Unreal engine and UMG/Slate.
- Experience working with gaming accessibility concepts and guidelines.
- Possess a strong UI/UX portfolio with a demonstrated ability in developing AAA games for console and PC.
- Proven ability to contribute to the design and implementation of UI systems in a thoughtful way.
- Experience working within cross discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Curiosity about how different players think and interact with games.
- Proactive and solutions oriented.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual interpersonal skills.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.