At Yohana, we’re finding new ways for technology and design to lighten our loads, reclaim our time, and improve our well-being. We want it all. A career and home. Family and friends. Health and wellness. But actually having it all can leave us feeling overloaded. And research shows it. 43% of people struggle with decision-making. 66% say overload affects their work, and 62%, their interpersonal relationships.
Technology was supposed to help by making us more efficient. But the faster we get things done, the more we take on, and our well-being falls to the bottom of the list. Yohana is on a mission to make balance a priority – and do it joyfully.
It’s a meaningful product challenge: helping society reclaim time and make space for joy through technology and design. That’s what the team at Yohana is solving for every day, and we have a lot of fun doing it. With leadership from big tech like Google, Apple, Microsoft, and hypergrowth startups like Nest, Waymo, TaskRabbit, and Casper, we’re motivated to make the world a happier place. Join us!
Yohana is a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Inc. Our unique positioning as a start-up within a global Consumer Electronics and Services company makes this opportunity one that is rich with world-class capability and game-changing possibilities.
About The Role:
This Senior UX Copywriter role will report to the Creative Director of Copy and Content, and is instrumental in creating engaging, on-brand, and user-centric copy throughout our digital product ecosystem. Your primary responsibility will be to help shape our product experience by crafting clear yet engaging copy to guide our client’s throughout their Yohana journey.
You will join our Copy team, which comprises both brand and UX copywriters, each of whom plays a critical role in bringing to life Yohana’s brand story and messaging strategies. We are a team of quick learners who are versatile, curious and care deeply about the quality of our work and our clients.
You will have the opportunity to contribute at both a strategic and tactical level. We move fast at Yohana, but we are also laying the foundation for the future. You will be called upon both to plan and guide, and also to roll up your sleeves and lead by example. Your work will be highly cross-functional, affording you the opportunity to impact many aspects of our customer lifecycle, by partnering with Marketing, Product, Product Design, User Research and Engineering.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Lead efforts to craft engaging and effective copy across our digital ecosystem, with a focus on user experience
- Establish, document and disseminate coherent guidelines and lexicons related to our product experience
- Expertly apply and balance both user-centered design principles and brand voice and tone in order to create a compelling and supportive product narrative
- Act as a “Brand Steward” to help ensure Yohana’s brand is appropriately manifested across our product ecosystem
- Act as a “Brand Ambassador” to continually nurture relationships across the broader team to foster world-class creative work in the service of a holistic, helpful, and intuitive client experience
- Partner closely with our User Research team to support research and usability testing
- Partner seamlessly with other copywriters and designers, helping engender team excellence and camaraderie
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Marketing, Product, Product Design, User Research and Engineering teams to create and execute a world class product experience
- Clearly, concisely, and effectively express your POV while presenting work to directors and executives in an composed and engaging manner
- Take and give feedback positively, with the ability to execute assets that meet all business needs
- Inspire teammates to do the best work possible, while offering your own creative ideas and encouraging others to share theirs
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years experience as a professional UX copywriter with a strong portfolio of UX related assets
- Significant experience working for an iconic brand or in a “brand-heavy” agency environment bringing messaging and content strategies to life through compelling copy
- Experience translating quantitative and qualitative data into communication strategies across multiple personas and user journeys
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices, and experience using data to inform your craft
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites, including localization and accessibility best practices
- A powerfully persuasive writing style that, blending insights and creativity, motivates and supports clients through their journey in our product
- A deep understanding of digital trends and best practices
- The ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic and growth-oriented environment and operate fluidly between the strategic and tactical to find the best solution
- Outstanding presentation skills with an ability to present a lucid rationale for your copy and manage feedback appropriately
- A solution-oriented attitude in addressing day-to-day challenges
- Topical expertise in wellness and/or parenting a plus
- Ability to travel to Palo Alto, CA quarterly for offsites
What We Offer:
The future of work at Yohana is flexibility. Like many other leading Silicon Valley based businesses, we follow a hybrid workplace model post-pandemic. We believe this model is consistent with our goals of fostering a highly collaborative culture, promoting employee well-being, and developing a workplace that is engaging, equitable, and innovative.
Local (Bay Area) employees are expected to come into the office on Mondays & Wednesdays and optional on the other days of the week. Fully remote (Work From Home) employment may be available for select positions.
This position is eligible for participation in the Yohana’s employee bonus program. Grade level and salary ranges are determined primarily through the scope and complexity of the role along with a review of the applicant’s experience and skills, as well as alignment with geographic market data and equity with other team members.
Employee benefits include:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.