Apply for this job
Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and is best known for the long-standing and successful The Hunter franchise.
In 2022 we launched Call of the Wild: The Angler, an open-world fishing experience, which is now in its first year of an exciting live service where we will continue to grow and expand the game.
Avalanche Studios Liverpool / Stockholm / Malmo is currently looking for a UI Designer with a fanatical devotion to intuitive user experiences and a flair for motion graphics. You will work closely with the Design and Art teams to determine the functionality and features of the user interface and to maintain a consistent art style between the user interface and the rest of the game. You are willing to push the boundaries of UI design, and the ability to consider issues from numerous angles (Design/Art/Code) and take efficient actions.
- At least 3 years of professional UI design experience, from at least one released console game, preferably through a full development cycle
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- UI design qualifications or trainingThorough knowledge of flow/function/form and UI progression
- Strong scripting ability with knowledge in ActionScript (a plus) or similar languages
- An abiding love of open-world games
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative outlook
- Familiarity with CSS / HTML
- Background and experience in any of the following
- Graphic Design
- 2D Animation
- UX design
- Experienced in AfterEffects
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV, a Portfolio is also required to demonstrate all aspects of your skills, please add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. In your cover letter, you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work from within either our Liverpool or Stockholm locations. We apply a hybrid work model that enables you to work some days from home and some days from the office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only.