Apply for this job
We’re MYOB, a business management platform designed to unleash the potential of businesses across Australia and New Zealand! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed: all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About the Team
Our Product team is the beating heart of MYOB. From discovery through to delivery plus Data and Insights, it’s made up of a broad and multi-disciplined group of specialists focused on designing products that help our customers optimise their business potential and creating best-in-class customer and user experiences.
About the Design Systems team:
The design system team is responsible for the delivery of foundational tokens and reusable UI components upon which many of our products are built. We are an agile team of designers and developers who collaborate with our various internal stakeholders to understand their needs and deliver flexible, maintainable and scalable solutions.
About this role:
We are looking for a Mid-weight UI/Visual Designer to help us continue growing our MYOB design system and its various applications and websites. Reporting to the Design Lead, you'll collaborate with other product designers, engineers, product managers and researchers to craft world-class, intuitive and engaging experiences for a wide range of MYOB offerings.
We exist to help MYOB teams deliver value to our customers, through engaging and cohesive experiences with scale and speed. Our ultimate motivation is to provide usable, intuitive and delightful products.
What’s great about being a designer at MYOB:
- Our team is made up of around 40 passionate designers.
- We love learning and sharing – we have weekly critiques and regular brown-bag sessions.
- We don’t throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, but the design team is trusted to make the call.
- We have the right autonomy and ownership in what we design, and how we work with their teams to deliver it.
- We love our customers and are obsessed with making products that allow them to focus on getting the important things done.
- As part of the design community at MYOB, you're empowered to think about experiences as a whole.
What we look for in designers:
Our designers cover a lot of ground. They:
- Want to understand our customers and are happy to use different research techniques to do it.
- Get their team involved to make sense of the findings.
- Design in various levels of fidelity.
- Seek critique and feedback to help improve themselves and their designs.
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members in product management and engineering.
- Test ideas, concepts, and designs early and often.
- Consider the full customer journey.
What will make you a fit:
- Demonstrated experience in Product UX/UI design.
- Advanced UI, visual and interaction design skills.
- Moderate knowledge of and experience working in design systems.
- A foundational understanding of UX design principles and methodologies.
- Ability to work with appropriate modern design tools.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working within cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Some experience in workshop Facilitation.
Bonus if you have:
- Foundational research and discovery techniques.
- Foundational knowledge of Design Ops.
- Experience in validating designs through usability testing.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
? Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
? Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
? Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
? A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
? Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
? Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!