Apply for this job
Know where you belong.
We pioneered the online dating industry as Match.com in 1995. Even though we’ve dropped the “.com”, Match is still bringing millions of singles together to find love. Creating a sense of belonging doesn’t stop at our products - it’s the foundation of every team we hire.
Match is hiring a Senior UX Researcher to drive innovation through deep insights into the needs of singles navigating the complexity of dating today. You'll use generative and evaluative research methods in close partnership with Product Designers and Product Managers to identify new opportunities to improve the dating journey, validate product solutions, and help us understand the "why" behind quantitative data uncovered by our analytics team.
When it comes to dating, the connection starts online, but the real magic happens once you meet in real life (IRL). We think the same is true for creating the best platforms, so we work together IRL in our Los Angeles office 2 days/week.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will lead research initiatives that drive Match towards making dating delightful and rewarding for singles, using rigorous qualitative research methods.
- You will generate actionable insights to drive stakeholder decision making across the product org.
- You will partner with Design and Product to make research an essential part of our practice and culture. (i.e. creating documentation on best practices, advocacy of methods, partnering and mentoring on tests run by design or PMs)
- Aside from working on the Match product you will have the chance to drive research for exciting and innovative social and dating opportunities.
We could be a Match if:
- You have at least 3 years experience conducting UX research, through a wide range of qualitative methodologies.
- You have experience leading research projects throughout the product development lifecycle in collaboration with cross-discipline stakeholders.
- You have experience working with certain quantitative methods including survey design and statistical analysis.
- You are appreciative of quantitative data as well as qual in creating a more complete picture of the problem space
- Bonus points if you have a Masters or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Anthropology, Sociology, STS, or related technical field.
What's the team like?
- In this role, you’ll report to our Director of Product Design and work alongside product, design, and development professionals
- Our team is lean, resourceful, and scrappy - you'll be joining us as the sole researcher, allowing you a tremendous opportunity to make a huge impact in a space that is so fundamental to people's lives.
- You will have the opportunity to partner alongside other researchers within the Affinity and New Verticals brands and help build the research culture.
$125,000 - $170,000 a year
Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Los Angeles, CA. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too and understand the importance of all life's milestones. Here are some of the benefits we are proud to offer:
Mind & Body – Medical, mental health, and wellness benefits to support your overall health and well-being
Financial Wellness – Competitive compensation, 100% employer match on 401k contributions up to 10% (cap at $10,000), as well as an employee stock purchase program to help you feel supported in your financial security
Unplug – Generous PTO and 15 paid holidays so you can unplug
Career – Annual training allowance for professional development and ERG membership opportunities and events so you feel connected and empowered in your work
Family – Families come in all shapes and sizes so we offer 20 weeks of 100% paid parental leave, fertility, adoption, and child care resources, as well as pet insurance and discounts
WFH Stipend – Hybrid/remote work allowance for full time employees to help you feel comfortable and efficient in your home office environment
Company Gatherings – We host fun happy hours and company events where our employees get to know each other and build a sense of connection and belonging!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. Period.