Wimbledon, London. UK. (Keywords: UI designer, UX designer, software designer, UI/UX designer, SaaS, software, helpdesk, startup)
We are looking for an experienced, product focused UI/UX Designer with the passion, ambition and drive to have help design Deskpro’s next generation of features and see them delivered them to millions of users.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a creative flair and an extreme eye for detail, who is looking for the next step in their career, leading UX Design projects at a growing & profitable software company based in Wimbledon, UK.
Deskpro fits into the category of “helpdesk software” but is really a collection of over a dozen products: a user portal (itself a range of products), a chat widget/interface, multi user email client, tasks, instant messaging, report builder, admin system, publishing engine, mobile apps and more!
You will be working on the major design project we have begun upgrading and componentising the whole interface – along with developing designs for major new features and channels for Deskpro. You will be leading design projects taking ownership from concept to deployment.
You’ll be part of our small, but growing design team, working with modern design tools (e.g. Figma is our current primary tool) in a fast and dynamic environment where you will have a big say in what we do and how the product will look and work.
- Overhauling the UX/UI of aspects of the product, as well as new features & components
- Collaborating with Design, Product and Engineering teams on new features or components.
- Directly reporting to & working with the Head of Design & CEO.
- Understanding & researching the stakeholders within the product lifecycle.
- Scoping out & wireframing new features / ideas.
- Developing components in Figma (or Sketch) with handover to the front end team.
- Working with Product Owners to turn ideas into reality.
- Presenting ideas & designs to the whole company.
- Constantly questioning and refining new and current UI designs.
- Have 4+ years experience designing UI/UX for software products (ideally B2B)
- Understanding of UX & UI principles, personas, usability and other User Experience disciplines.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe CC, Figma, Sketch or similar modern design software.
- Knowledge & understanding of HTML & CSS.
- Passion for designing incredible software and can thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Positive, hard working and personable individual with a hunger to learn more.
- Experience with research and testing as part of the design process.
- A creative flair, an eye for detail and understanding of technology and emerging trends.
- Ability to communicate well across Design, Product & Engineering teams.
- Willing to stand-up for own ideas, but also able to collaborate.
- Competitive Salary £50k to £70k (dependent on skills & experience) + Company Bonus Scheme
- We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from the mainline train-station.
- Fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams), all within 3 minutes walk.
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, Monday team breakfasts and Friday lunches. Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks with beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role.
- Your choice of computer equipment – Macbook Pro and 2 × 4k Monitors being default.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership.
Please attach a link to your portfolio when applying