Apply for this job
Lucid Software is looking for a UX Design Systems Engineer to be responsible for helping the Product Design team create, improve, and maintain our design system across the entire product organization. The engineer who best fits this role will have an aptitude for good design (pixel perfect implementation) as well as a passion for maintaining clean, consistent code. Your passion for solving problems around complex architecture and reusable components will help you leverage success from other engineers and improve the product experience for our users. This new role at Lucid is critical – you will be the bridge between design and engineering! Your interest in the latest trends in front-end development, CSS, and design will make you a core contributor to our growing design system.
Our mission is to make working visually easy and essential for everyone. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) innovation in everything we do; (2) passion & excellence in every area; (3) providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) teamwork over ego.
- Evangelize and implement best practices for reusable Angular components
- Manage and curate a library of reusable components, icons, and colors
- Own naming convention, organization, and consistency of the Design System within the code base
- Coordinate with the UX team on best practices for coordination between designers and engineers
- Develop strategy for deprecating old / inconsistent patterns
- Drive consistency in code reviews and sprint reviews
- Develop best practices and training for 130+ engineering group
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related field
- 3+ years Industry experience
- Experience working with UX design team, or interest in design-related projects
- Experience in front-end software development
- Experience building products with complex user interfaces and reusable component systems
- Interest in and eye for pixel-perfect design
- Experience with CSS/HTML/DOM manipulation
- Experience with Angular 2+
- Experience building scalable systems
- Has participated in building large-scale products or applications
- Can easily thrive working in an energizing environment
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Lucid Software our core values aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These principles work hard, just like we do. Lucidites use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the many things that makes Lucid Software the best company to work for. Check out our Life at Lucid page and see how our core values align with yours.
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that has signed the Parity Pledge and strives to be a place where every Lucidite feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.