Apply for this job
Our UX Designers have a thirst for solving complex design problems and creating design solutions that improve customers’ lives. You’ll innovate and iterate to craft user experiences that customers love. You’ll work with other practitioners who are equally excited and knowledgeable about the UX field as well as multi-disciplinary teams to deliver beautiful end-to-end user experiences.
If you’re a strong design leader who enjoys collaborating, and thinks conceptually and strategically about design, this greenfield project will give you a chance to blaze new trails and make a real impact.
This person must be located in the Seattle Metro area and may be expected to be in person in the office at least one day a week (initially).
What you'll do
- Create compelling user experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Define problems to be solved—using input from customers, the business, and the vision of the future
- Iteratively refine designs based on feedback and collaboration with leadership and peers
- Solve complex design problems using the user-centered design (UCD) process to account for user goals, accessibility, business requirements, and development needs
- Use a variety of iterative design methods to drive thoughtful design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, and interactive simulations/prototypes
- Analyze and evaluate current user interfaces and propose usability improvements (i.e. expert reviews)
- Conduct competitive analysis research to better understand prevalent interaction designs/solutions
- Create interactive simulations/prototypes to help project teams, stakeholders, and users explore and understand proposed business solutions
- Maintain and enforce UX style guides, UI standards, and interaction design pattern libraries
What you'll bring
- Minimum 4 years’ demonstrated professional experience as a UX Designer
- Bachelor's degree or certification in User Experience Design or equivalent experience
- Online portfolio demonstrating the ability to create great design solutions applying UCD methodologies
- Expert knowledge of current industry design tools - Sketch (required), Figma (nice to have)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct user research activities such as developing personas, user stories, conducting competitive analysis, etc.
- Creative approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills able to clearly communicate design decisions and influence business stakeholders
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Awareness of current and emerging industry trends and best practices
- Experience working with Agile methodology
Sila will not sponsor any employee in this position for a work visa, now or in the future (This includes anyone on an H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa, or any other non-immigrant or immigrant status)
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila has embraced a national workforce of office-based and remote team members. We are headquartered in Seattle, WA, with hubs in Shelton, CT and Washington, D.C.
Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.