Apply for this job
Our mission is to make education accessible, and we’ve dedicated the last two decades to becoming the leading online education platform for over 30 million learners and educators every month, Study.com is recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech. Students and educators in over 9,000 school districts use Study.com’s and across our college programs we have saved students over $200M in tuition. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated $25 million in-kind value across social impact programs to learners and educators.
Study.com requires vaccination and boosters for all employees and we work in a hybrid environment.
Study.com is looking for a Senior Manager of User Experience with a proven track record of team leadership, innovation, and high-level design problem-solving. They will lead the UX team to create world-class user experiences that balance the needs of the user with the needs of the business. This role involves developing UX strategy, implementing modern design processes and best practices, and coaching UX designers. This person will work with designers and stakeholders in an iterative process to combine qualitative user feedback with structured A/B testing to make great products. This person will be responsible for providing UX leadership across all business units and products.
We are looking for a UX Senior Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, including 5 years’ management experience, designing for web and mobile apps, with an emphasis on consumer-facing but also some B2B product experience. Your portfolio should reflect all aspects of the design process. You should have extensive experience with and be able to coach the design team to take projects from early user research through ideation, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and communication with the development team.
This is a great opportunity for a UX leader who likes to be an educator and advocate. And most importantly, you will be helping with our mission to open the door to the life changing impact of education accessible.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, executives, and designers to build impactful products to help our users meet their goals and grow the business
- Align design processes with product roadmaps ensuring clear and measurable progress toward the vision
- Lead and mentor a team of UX designers, attract top talent and manage the performance of the team according to our company values
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering to execute on plans, supporting existing processes while also defining new ones where needed
- Evangelize the design process throughout the company. Advocate for users and find innovative solutions to challenging user and business problems
- Adapt your design leadership to the needs of each project. You should be able to design artifacts such as journey maps, flow diagrams, wire frames, prototypes, visual mock-ups, etc. as needed for solutioning, communication, and team instruction.
- Strategize for the future user needs. Evolve the user experience based on quantitative and qualitative data and new technologies.
- Promote and improve our user-centric design principles while serving as a subject matter authority to partners and stakeholders
- 5 years management experience leading a User Experience design team of 5-10 people in a SaaS environment
- 10+ years of experience in UX Design, with advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Experience with growth products, A/B testing and SEO optimization. Prefer 5+ years’ experience in growth products.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and changing environment, and be able to think big while paying careful attention to detail
- Strong visual design skills and experience building products customers love
- Expert-level familiarity with design and prototyping tools, including Figma
The salary range for this role is $190,000.00 - $220,000.00 per year. The salary range associated with this job considers the skill sets, experience and training required for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
· Inc. Best Place to Work
· Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
· Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
· San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
· 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
· 401(k) with employer match
· 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
· 10 paid holidays
· Work at home setup stipend
· Company-sponsored gym memberships
· Free Caltrain Pass
· Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements,
Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.