Apply for this job
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform and team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
As a Product Designer at UpMetrics, you will help shape the future of our data analytics platform. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to work with the Product and Technical Teams to provide user-centered designs and collaborate with developers to make those designs come to life. The role requires experience conducting user research and designing user flows for a complex SaaS analytics platform, in addition to general visual design skills and creativity.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a big impact on the look and feel of our product while also helping our clients achieve maximum impact in their organizations and in society.
- Work with the Product Team to design complex user flows for a data analytics platform
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager and Technical Lead
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables
- Ensure that the UX on the platform is both easy to use for beginner users and powerful enough for more advanced users
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- Provide visually appealing designs that maintain brand integrity across the organization
- Collaborate across teams to brainstorm solutions for client requests and market needs
- Develop interactive prototypes and lead user interviews to gather feedback
- Help develop and maintain a design system and style guide
- Provide design reviews for work completed by developers
- Ability to rapidly prototype ideas with different levels of fidelity (sketch, whiteboard, wireframes, etc.)
- Formal training and/or certification in user design, or a related field with 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer or product designer
- Strong portfolio of case studies showing your thought process and final solutions to complex problems
- Accustomed to working with developers and can be a liaison between product and engineering teams
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Proven leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to collaborate well with the larger team and across teams.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Figma, Sketch, or similar tools to create user interfaces
- Customer and end-user-focused
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First -- ??Collaboration is key. We support each other and respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds, and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client-Focused -- ?Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partnership approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity -- We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and from the people we choose to partner with. ??
- Reflect and Improve -- We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! -- To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $90K - $115K annual salary
- Equity incentive plan
- Health insurance discounts for employees and family
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Unlimited time off policy
- Training & development budget
- Remote work equipment
- ?Annual company retreat
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
$90,000 - $115,000 a year
UpMetrics is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UpMetrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women/other underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. UpMetrics is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.