Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior UX Researcher, joining our Design team.
Design is at the forefront of everything we do. As a Senior UX Researcher you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. You will also help provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users.
What this job can offer you
- Reveal what the users need by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. You will inspire change, deliver oral and written presentations, evaluate qualitative and quantitative data, and help the UX team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
- Design, coordinate, and source participants for user research projects inside Remote.
- Synthesize and present actionable insights to a variety of stakeholders.
- Mentor other researchers and designers and offer support and guidance to improve their understanding of customer needs and various research methods.
- Work closely with analytical teams to build an understanding of customer behavior to measure the performance of our products.
- Develop a well-crafted research plan with clear research objectives.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
What you bring
- Extensive experience in designing a user experience, able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as being responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes and testing.
- Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them as well as examples of utilization of these different methods.
- Experience with the whole product lifecycle — from early stage to launch and beyond.
- Excellent survey design and analysis skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results.
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration.
- Passionate, positive and problem-solving attitude.
- Knowledge or experience in a relevant field that studies human behavior, such as cognitive science, behavioral economics, anthropology, sociology, or psychology.
- Solid understanding of the design thinking process, as well as a passion and know-how for influencing design strategy.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- You'll report to: Director, Product Design
- Team: Product Design
- Location: Global
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is 122,500 USD to 162,000 USD gross per year [plus eligibility for] [bonus] [commission] [and] [equity]. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Case Study (async)
- Case Study Review (async)
- Team Interview
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org