Apply for this job
About the Position
As a Senior UX Designer at Flywheel, you’ll join our busy and growing team to support our best-in-class biomedical research platform. You’ll help to define the overall user experience end-to-end, from conducting research into the problem space through to shaping the innovative design that brings the product to life. You’ll tackle complex, data-heavy customer workflows, transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use interfaces for our customers around the globe.
We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for our web application. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product management in an Agile and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Undertake user research and testing with our customers/users and respond to their feedback through design iterations.
- Tell the story of the customer/user and create internal consensus around user outcomes.
- Be the voice of our customers, ensuring that they are represented appropriately at every step in the design process and that we are elevating their needs and pain points appropriately.
- Discover, stay current, and recommend effective design tools for collaborative work.
- Effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as a strong representative and advocate for the Design team.
What Would Make You a Great Fit
- BA/BFA degree in HCI or design related field, with an emphasis on user experience, interaction design, visual design or related field.
- Experience working on SaaS products in the healthcare space.
- 5 or more years of experience designing delightful user experiences for data-rich applications.
- A portfolio showing your processes and deliverables. We are interested in learning how you approach problems and think through them.
- Experience conducting usability research such as moderated/unmoderated user testing, user interviews, surveys, and other research methods.
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces using responsive design patterns and best practice UX and design.
- A strong focus on usability and efficiency with a drive to simplify complex problems.
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics and a user-centered approach to designing software for people.
- Expert level fluency with modern design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Zeplin, InVision etc.
- Experience contributing to and consuming component-based design.
- Comfort working in multi-faceted design, product, and engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- A confident design leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional, cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous startup working environment.
Do you feel like you don't have everything that's listed above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.