At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to leadership, innovation, partnership, responsibility, and community. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic ‘oneaviso’ culture sets us apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our Digital Strategy & Experience team for a 12 month contract.
This can be a remote role, however for those who would like to come into the office we are at 1111 West Georgia St, Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, User Experience & Product Design the UI Designer is responsible for delivering seamless and effective user interface design solutions that meets the business needs while keeping up with evolving requirements and regular feedback from both the business and the customer.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
What your day looks like:
- Create user interface deliverables in hi-fidelity mock-ups for various digital touchpoints of the business line – responsive websites, mobile apps and emails
- Follow the existing brand guidelines and site structure
- Present design mock-ups and clearly articulate design rationale to stakeholders and obtain approvals
- Implement the approved designs and content into the web CMS
- Provide design implementation guidelines (e.g., style guide) to Development
- Collaborate with Development to resolve any design issues
- Perform design quality assurance testing
Your experience and skills:
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- 2+ years working with responsive design
- Provide a portfolio website demonstrating 3+ years of visual design experience for both mobile and websites
- Strong experience working ideally with Figma but solid knowledge of Sketch is transferable
- Proficiency or experience in designing with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) or equivalent industry leading CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Attention to detail and resourceful when dealing with constraints
- Strong understanding of UX and how it partners with this role
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset with the ability to present information to different audiences
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth powers businesses that empower investors. We are a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $110 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our mutual funds dealer, securities brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, Qtrade Guided Portfolios, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, offers a comprehensive lineup of responsible investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.