Active Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with polygraph required
As a UX / UI Designer at Visionist, you will be a member of the largest User Experience team at the agency, playing a key role in aligning user needs with strategic direction. You will conduct various research studies in order to generate strategic and tactical insights that will be used in the design of intelligence analyst tools. Additionally, you will develop scripts, facilitate UX methods to extract user feedback, and create UX artifacts that set the direction for the analyst tools of the future.
For over 12 years, Visionist has been solving the Intelligence Community's toughest software and analysis challenges. We are an employee- owned small business, meaning our employees see the benefit of their contributions and have a stake in our overall success. If you'd like to join a collaborative group supporting mission critical tasking in a cleared environment, then Visionist is the place for you. Learn more about us at www.visionistinc.com
5 Benefits We Know You Will Love!
- Grow with career progression opportunities and personalized road maps
- Supported and company paid upskilling through continued education, training, conferences, and lunch & learns
- 32 days off per year (4 weeks PTO + 12 holidays)
- Competitive pay including an annual raise AND end of year bonus
- Fun and frequent employee events and family gatherings like lunches, happy hours, cooking contests, D&D club, and much more!
- Collaborate with Designers and Developers to create UX artifacts and provide UX expertise
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies such as surveys, interviews, and usability tests with multiple UX practitioners to generate strategic insights
- Develop wireframes to help users evaluate product structure before development
- Evaluate and produce information architectures to determine appropriate product structure and layout
- Perform heuristic evaluations using standard UX principles to review user interfaces
- Develop workshop scripts and facilitate UX methods to extract user feedback and synthesize UX artifacts
- Bachelor's degree in cognitive and/or experimental psychology, human factors engineering, or an engineering related field (e.g., systems engineering, software engineering, business process engineering)
- 5 years of UX design experience
- Experience in each of the usability and software engineering cycle phases: analysis, design, implementation, and deployment
- Experience working closely with application developers, including product designers and process engineers, to create user interface design specifications
- Experience creating user surveys and organizing focus groups to obtain feedback from system end users
- Experience researching and documenting user requirements including profiles, frequent tasks, workflows, and user scenarios in order to make strategic modifications
- Experience directing/conducting usability testing while collaborating with the application design team
- Proficiency in one of more design tools such as: Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, XD, and Figma
Not a good fit? To see other opportunities we have available go to: https://jobs.jobvite.com/visionist
Next steps: Apply online and one of our recruiters will reach out to you. We have a streamlined process of phone screen with a recruiter, interview with a Visionist team at our HQ in Columbia, MD, and that is all!
Interested in learning more about Visionist and the work we do? Check out our website! https://www.visionistinc.com/what-we-do
U.S citizenship required (green card holders and permanent residents are not eligible). Applicants selected will be required to obtain / maintain a government security clearance.
Visionist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities employer.