WHO WE ARE:
interactive investor is an award-winning investment platform that puts its customers in control of their financial future.
We’ve been helping investors for over 25 years. We’ve seen market highs and lows and been resilient throughout. We’re now the UK’s number one flat-fee investment platform, with assets under administration approaching £55 billion and over 400,000 customers.
For a simple, flat monthly fee we provide a secure home for your pensions, ISAs and investments. We offer a wide choice of over 40,000 UK and international investment options, including shares, funds, trusts and ETFs.
We also bring impartial, expert content from our award-winning financial journalists, highly engaged community of investors, and daily newsletters and insights.
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
It’s simple … we want our customers to feel confident and in control, for interactive investor to go from strength to strength, and for ii to be a workplace where we can all thrive. Our customer-driven approach and bold values sit at the heart of this. We are honest, straight-talking and transparent with our customers and our colleagues. We are decisive and take ownership of what we say and deliver. We are ambitious and passionate about what we believe is right for our customers, our teams, ourselves and interactive investor.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As a User Experience Designer, you will primarily be responsible for creating a great experience for our customers.
Working in a team alongside other UX professionals, who are leading the user-centric product transformation of a previously traditional financial services business. It is an exciting role that will to make a real difference within an industry that is ripe for better design thinking and a user-centered focus.
You will need to work across both Design and Research, flexing your qualitative and quantitative research skills and then being able to apply those to end design that creates best in class experiences for our customers.
Day to day, you’ll be working alongside UX Designers, UX Copywriters, UX Researchers, Analysts, Product Owners, Product Managers, Developers, Testers, Customer Service Advisers and stakeholders across the business.
• Execution of user-centred research methods: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessment, diary studies, etc;
• Delivering both in-house and 3rd party research workshops including set up, recruitment, moderation, data collection, analysis and debrief
• Full project management of website surveys – devise, script, analyse and debrief results to stakeholders
• Embed user research into our discovery process working with Research, Onsite Analytics and the Product owners
• Create, define and guide design decisions.
• Create assets such as prototypes and hi-fidelity designs to create amazing customer experiences.
•. Champion Accessibility & Inclusive Design
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Paper Sketching / Prototyping
• User Research Methodologies
• Design Responsively / Adaptive Design
• Understanding of accessibility & The importance of inclusive design
• Experience in designing a design system
• High level of proficiency with wireframe / UI Design software (Figma or Sketch etc)
• User story writing
• Running Usability / Product Testing & Presenting back findings/reports with solutions
• Competitor Research
• Great communication skills
• A can-do, proactive attitude
• A good eye for visual design
• Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple solutions to complex challenges
• Ability to manage situations of complexity / conflict / paradox with positive outcomes
• Previously experience in embedding UX process and delivering digital change across an organisation
• Experience performing market research along with user research
• Jobs-to-be-done Methodologies
• Basic understanding of HTML/CSS (to aid developer empathy)
• UX Copywriting
STRAIGHT TALKING | MOVING WITH SPEED | OWNING THE OUTCOME
• Not afraid to advocate for our users
• Able to empathise with our users/customers
• Clear communicator
• Strong team player
• Demonstrated passion and drive for delivering the best outcome
• Moving with speed – delivering faster and better
• Decisive and take ownership of outcomes
• Not afraid to challenge and be open to challenges