Apply for this job
The "Achievers Employee Experience Platform™" delivers high-frequency recognition that drives business outcomes for HR and business leaders, from decreased turnover to increased engagement. Designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s workforce, it empowers employees to recognize each other in real time and aligns them to the values and goals of the company. With more than 3 million users, the Employee Experience Platform inspires brilliant performance in 170 countries. Visit us at www.achievers.com to learn more and join us in our mission to Change the Way the World Works™.
Achievers is looking for a passionate UX Design manager that can comfortably lead, mentor, and develop the UX design team as well as guide and enable product teams in performing Design Thinking, Discovery, and Research initiatives. We are looking for a communicative leader who cares deeply about humans and is passionate about supporting their team to be the best they can be; a designer with a strategic approach, emphasizing evidence-based solutions, and has a contagious drive for improving processes and enabling others. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Lead with an empathetic ear and a push for design excellence. You will be joining a high-functioning team who is looking to continue to grow and together with a new leader, push their own boundaries.
- Champion Design Thinking and Research - educate and enable the design and product teams to know what techniques to use and when to find the information and insights needed to craft strategic, user-centric solutions that align with business needs
- Deeply understand and validate the needs of current and targeted users through quantitative & qualitative user research.
- Become obsessed with the ability to Change the Way the World Works by understanding the employee lifecycle and finding the pain points in it.
- Form the vision for winning application solutions, collaborating with Product Managers, Senior Management, Development, Professional Services, Customer Success and Marketing.
- Collaborate and share ideas and concepts as a strategic leader and member of a dynamic product team.
- Further refine existing processes and leverage your experience and skillset to institute new ways of working more effectively and collaboratively
- Extensive experience designing beautiful user experiences for the responsive web, iOS, or Android.
- You’ve managed high performing UX Designers and know how to support and grow them both individually and as a team
- 8+ years experience that includes design leadership, UX, research, interaction design, and UI.
- Able to focus on details and think strategically at the same time
- You possess an intensely collaborative spirit. You share early, iterate quickly and know how to align your team in doing the same
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, thrive in controlled chaos, and get things done.
- Excellent knowledge of Figma, design thinking methods, user testing frameworks, and other relevant tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid portfolio - show us everything from research to rough sketches to high-fidelity designs and how you supported your team throughout.
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
We have been recognized in numerous publications for our contributions to HR, for technical excellence and for our outstanding workplace culture!
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Our employees are a diverse and inclusive team of passionate, hardworking individuals. Achievers is committed to creating an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to join our A-Player family. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.