Apply for this job
Markato is a wholesale B2B marketplace connecting retailers in APAC with emerging brands from around the world. We provide retailers and brands access to new retail opportunities in Asia as well as seamless online and offline infrastructure to thrive in the modern world.
In April, Markato closed a seed round led by Lightspeed. Since then, the company has assembled a founding team comprised of early employees at Deliveroo, Uber and Grab who led the launch and expansion of those marketplace startups across Asia over the past decade. We went live in July and are gearing up for our launch across several markets in the next few months.
We are looking for talented and motivated designers to join our early team!
What you'll do
- Act as an advocate for exceptional experiences when partnering with product and engineering on roadmap and feature execution.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs to inform design strategy.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop and deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Markato’s brand and design system standards.
- Present and communicate concepts, designs, and prototypes to cross-functional partners with clarity.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 2+ years of experience designing digital products, from systems to visuals. Your work demonstrates insights gained from testing and shipping.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other designers and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
What we offer
- Opportunity to be part of the founding team pre-launch and join a seed stage company that is rapidly growing
- You will get ownership and responsibility from day one; you will deliver real impact on our growth
- A high-energy team with a fun, people-first, transparent and results-driven company culture
- Our ways of working is governed by meritocracy: the best ideas win, regardless of who or where they come from
- Equity options in a early-stage hyper-growth startup
- Friday team lunch (and tons of fruits, snacks and drinks!)
- Group medical insurance coverage and benefits