UI & UX Designer (6 month contract)
Who We Are and What We Do
At SilverRail, we're on a mission to reshape the way the world travels, and we're inviting you to be part of this journey. Rail is becoming the go-to choice for short and medium-haul travel worldwide, and we're here to help make it happen.
Imagine a world where your commute is faster, greener, and more convenient than ever before, all while contributing to a cleaner, healthier planet!
In the face of the ongoing climate crisis, our vision is crystal clear. Our technology is transforming the online customer experience for rail travel, making it easier than ever for customers to find, buy and use rail. At SilverRail we are making it effortless for travelers to choose the eco-friendly option and reduce their carbon footprint.
Join us, and help shape the future of travel!
This is an exciting opportunity to take a pivotal role in the design and creation of a meaningful and impactful consumer facing app. The app hopes to revolutionise the way users find and book journeys, and to take the stress and uncertainty out of commuting.
Reporting directly to the Design Director and the Chief Customer Officer, as the UX & UI Designer you’ll take ownership of the end-to-end design of this app. You’ll thrive on solving problems, testing hypotheses, and iteratively improving on the product while also creating beautiful UIs based on user and industry requirements.
You’ll be able to work autonomously, steering the direction of the product whilst also putting in the hours in Figma, creating beautiful design flows. You’ll be working with a dedicated team of iOS and Android developers to see your designs come to life.
- You will be working on digital travel products with a focus on customer convenience and innovation.
- You will be required to take ownership of all the project design requirements and output.
- Create intelligent, intuitive UX design and stunning visual UI designs that simplify challenging user problems and deliver sleek and enjoyable user experiences.
- Continue to build and maintain a design system that allows flexibility and scalability.
- Gather and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with researchers, product managers, stake holders and engineers.
- Quickly illustrate and communicate ideas using storyboards, user flows and prototypes.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. differing native OS behaviours, diverse dynamic content across multiple markets and languages)
- Take feedback onboard, and refine designs based on user feedback and analytics
Required Competence and Skills
- 5+ years' experience as a hybrid UX/UI Product Designer.
- Experience producing an equal balance of beautiful and engaging UI design with thoughtful and considered UX design.
- A strong visual portfolio, demonstrating contribution and input to projects and products, with a focus on iOS and Android apps.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and requirements for digital products.
- Attention to detail, strong organisation & pixel perfect design.
- Experience using Figma is essential.
- Experience designing & building click-through prototypes and setting usability studies/sessions.
- Familiar with Jira and communicating requirements to dev teams.
- The ability to work autonomously, organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a small dedicated team.
- Knowledge or experience of rail travel and/or e-commerce is beneficial but not essential.
- We have an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates.
- We are a globally accredited Great Place To Work: https://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/workplace/item/6789/SilverRail+Technologies&time=1683041411341#career
- We are an accredited flexible company and were named in Flexa’s Top 50 Most Flexible Companies: https://flexa.careers/companies/silverrail
- We offer flexible hybrid working for all our people.
- We provide a wealth of progression opportunities focused on helping you become the best you can be.
- Our team’s health and wellness is genuinely important to us, so we run numerous schemes including meditation and wellbeing classes for everyone.
- We are the fourth company in the world to become reproductively responsible, accredited by Hertility providing educational workshops around women’s health, family planning and fertility.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech company that is helping the environment by revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please let us know in your application - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*